About Hammersmith, Fulham, Ealing and Hounslow Mind
This is an exciting opportunity to join and support a fast growing and dedicated team supporting the wellbeing of communities across West London.
We’re here to make sure that everyone suffering with a mental health problem gets the help they need to recover. We listen, support recovery, fight stigma and work with partners to take action. We provide services for adults, children and young people, signposting for everyone and training and consultancy for employers.
Purpose of the Job
HFEH Mind provides a breadth of specialist support services to a range of people facing complex life challenges. The support includes: information and advice, advocacy, psychoeducation, befriending, hoarding, peer support groups and wellbeing workshops.
We have recently secured funding for a project called Y.A.N.A (You Are Not Alone). The project aims to combat isolation, which has been particularly prevalent during the Covid-19 pandemic for young people and adults aged 16 to 25, based across all three of our London Boroughs, we will offer young adults within those boroughs the tools and interventions to overcome feelings of loneliness.
The following interventions will be carried out by the facilitator:
- 1:1 check ins
- Peer support groups (psychoeducation led)
- Workshops – exciting/fun ways to build community/contact
- Train the trainer initiative- we train community leaders and people who use our services to deliver the work we do so our reach is far and wide
We therefore require the support of a facilitator to assist us in:
- Promoting the service across Hammersmith and Fulham, Ealing and Hounslow
- Onboarding clients onto the service: obtaining consent, setting action plans and goals.
- Delivering interventions: after substantial training, you will be expected to conduct some 1:1 check-ins with clients and cofacilitate workshops and peer support groups.
We are an equal opportunities employer; and are proud to employ a workforce that reflects the diverse communities we serve. We welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons from all backgrounds.
Post is subject to an enhanced DBS check
Fixed Term until October 2022
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.