We are Guide Dogs and we’re here to help people with sight loss live the life they choose. Our ambition is a future where every person with sight loss has the confidence and support they need to live their lives to the full.
We don’t just provide life-changing guide dogs, we also provide advice, skills, emotional and practical support for people and families living with sight loss to help them live actively, independently and well.
What does the role involve?
As a key member of you local fundraising group, you will be responsible for the administration of branch activities and keeping everyone up to date by phone, email and social media. This role would be ideal for someone who has skills in admin and social media or would like to enhance these skills for their CV.
- Ensuring clear written communication between your branch and the fundraising team and with supporters
- Making applications to do events and collections
- Writing to thank supporters for their donations
- Setting up and mantaining Facebook group for your local team
- Letting branch members know of branch meetings in advance, including drawing up agendas with the Organiser or Chair
- Taking minutes at meetings and sending a copy to branch members and your Community Fundraiser
- Maintaining levels of stationery and publicity materials
- Maintaining branch records, including a secure list of names and addresses of branch members
- Ordering tokens of appreciation, through the Mobility Team, for individuals and groups who complete one of our fundraising targets
- Working as part of a team with other volunteers and staff, and to make new people welcome