Overall purpose of the role.
The Communications Manager is responsible for delivering in-depth, insight driven communications around urban health to engage and influence local, national and international audiences.
Plan and deliver engaging communications tactics that contribute to the impact of our work, focused on informing and influencing key audiences, initially focusing on our childhood obesity programme.
· Lead the development, delivery and evaluation of a targeted communications plan for our childhood obesity programme. Ensure the plan is audience-led and uses a range of communications approaches and channels to amplify our work
· Plan, write and edit content at pace for both own and external channels.
· Proactively seek and secure opportunities, including (but not limited to) speaking platforms, events and targeted media coverage to raise the national and international profile of Impact on Urban Health.
· Build and nurture key relationships within the organisation, and with external partners.
· Working with colleagues, identify communications opportunities to demonstrate the impact of funded projects.
· Project manage communications projects from start to end, ensuring high quality and timely outputs.
· Provide other colleagues with sound advice and support to ensure outstanding communications outputs.
Skills, attributes and abilities
· Able to translate complex ideas into engaging and persuasive communications.
· Has an audience-first mindset, with a passion for creating innovative and engaging communications that engage, inform and influence.
· Brings a strong news sense and ability to identify the stories that are worth telling from a varied and rich pool of opportunities.
· Able to react quickly to external opportunities.
· Thrives working with multiple projects and deadlines
· Brings energy and pace to the work, and a strong can-do attitude
· Able to assess performance of communications, draw valuable insights and apply learning.
· Project management – managing multiple deadlines and projects.
· Strong copy writing and editing.
· Experience in a busy communications environment
· B2B communications and stakeholder communications
· Delivering audience-focused campaigns.
· Experience in a managerial role in communications
· Experience of communicating to influence