We want to make a step change impact on major health issues affecting people in the London boroughs of Lambeth and Southwark. In the process, we aim to learn about what works to enable support health in urban, diverse and deprived communities, and use those lessons to have impact nationally and beyond.
We are looking for a Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI) Project Assistant to work with our DEI Strategy & Operations Manager to support us in embedding DEI across the Foundation. This role is involved with all aspects of the DEI across the Foundation and its brands. The ideal candidate will be highly organised, personable and adaptable, with strong administration skills and a strong, demonstrable interest in diversity, equity and inclusion.
This is an excellent opportunity to join an organisation with an energetic and ambitious team, in an interesting and varied position and to make a real impact on how we as a Foundation build a healthy society for all through embedding principles of diversity, equity and inclusion throughout everything we do. This role – which is primarily internally facing - works across the organisation and with every team and so you will learn about all aspects of the organisation and the sector we work in.
The DEI Project Assistant will work directly for the DEI Strategy & Operations Manager and will be a part of the Operations business area.
The role is responsible for assisting the DEI Strategy & Operations Manager to successfully deliver on a range of DEI projects across the organisation, communicating successes and identifying areas where we can do more. As a new role, we’re open to supporting the successful candidate to develop skills and knowledge in this area.
DEI Strategy & Operations Manager
Support and Communications
· Responsible for the DEI filing system, ensuring all information is up to date and correct
· Create and run reports to monitor DEI progress across systems and analyse these reports to highlight organisational insights
· Ad hoc desk research as required, collating information and giving recommendations based on the information gathered
· Work with internal communications to publish and maintain content on the intranet to keep organisation up to date on DEI issues
Action plans and delivery
· Work with DEI SOM to deliver cross organisational projects, for example delivering on some of our projects under our Legacy workstream, such as our Associates Programme or support running our employee networks.
· Work with the leaders of the DEI action plans to share information on progress and keep this up to date
· Work with resources team to coordinate staff learning and development in the area of DEI, and related resources
· Take responsibility for the administration of training and induction sessions; scheduling, grouping cohorts, sending invitations.
· Work with HR Manager to develop suitable content.
· Knowledge & experience
o Knowledge of key DEI principles
o Administration experience
o Research experience (this could be in a personal, professional or academic)
o Experience of working on projects specifically managing multiple priorities and internal stakeholders
o Experience using Microsoft Office 365 (and ideally SharePoint)
o Strong interest in a DEI or HR related role
· Skills, abilities and attributes
o Demonstrable commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion
o Excellent interpersonal and relationship building skills
o Effective communications skills
o Dynamic self-starter who is able to prioritise and work under pressure
o Ability to plan ahead, multi task and manage time effectively
o Organised with careful attention to detail
o Effective team-worker with the ability to manage multiple workflows and relationships and ability to adapt accordingly
o Common sense, ability to use own initiative and good at problem solving
o Enterprising – Looks at things from different angles, Coming at problems from different perspectives, trying different approaches to find solutions
o Collaborative – Contributes to collective effort, Works as part of a team
o Delivery minded – Constructive and solutions focussed, Focuses on solutions and what can be done to fix problems or improve work