Director of Fundraising
Role: Director of Fundraising
Reporting into: CEO
Location: Hybrid (Working between home and in the office, with the team).
Responsible for: Team of 6+, including 3 direct reports.
Hours: Full time 37.5 hours
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
Salary: £60,000.00 per year
Contract length: 24 months
Gympanzees exists to support children and young people with disabilities, ensuring they can access regular exercise, play and friendship, to improve their physical and mental health and well-being, and to take their families out of isolation.
Our vision is to build the UK’s first, fully accessible and inclusive, exercise and play facility which will cater for the exercise, play and social needs of children and young people with any ability or disability and we have secured a location to begin this journey.
To complete the work needed we have launched ‘Project Home’ our Capital appeal to raise £8 million to open our permanent centre in Aust which will be fully sustaining and support 200,000 visitors a year.
We are looking for a Director of Fundraising to join our team and work alongside our CEO to create a successful fundraising environment and play a key role in ensuring we deliver the strategy successfully and hit ambitious fundraising targets.
Working closely with Steph, our CEO, you will identify and secure high-level support from both individual and corporate partnerships.
In return, you will be working with a passionate team who are committed to changing the lives of children and young people with disabilities. You will also benefit from a competitive salary, flexible working and excellent staff benefits.
If you are excited about our ambitious plans and the opportunity to make these a reality, we would love to hear from you.
· You will play a pivotal role in leading the organisation by working collectively the Senior Management Team, the board and trustees to shape the future direction of Gympanzees and to build and maintain a positive culture.
· You will provide leadership and vision to support our fundraising strategy's implementation, to reach agreed targets.
· You will work with other members of SMT and lead a collaborative culture across the organisation to continue to accelerate the growth of fundraising across a diversified range of income streams.
· You will inspire, lead and monitor the performance of the fundraising team and ensure the necessary skills, knowledge, motivation and tools are provided.
· You will work with trustees, committee members and CEO to implement an ambitious fundraising strategy and report on progress.
· You will manage and deepen the charity’s relationships with key funders and stakeholders and identify opportunities to develop new relationships with major donors, corporates, foundations and others.
· You will oversee work to maximise marketing activity to support successful fundraising.
· You will represent Gympanzees in a knowledgeable and professional manner, including at external events and engage people in our work so that they want to support us.
· You will work closely with business manager and SMT to develop budgets, systems and processes needed to effectively manage relationships and monitor progress against targets.
· You will ensure we are adhering to current best practice, the Fundraising Regulator guidance and GDPR requirements.
· You will be an experienced fundraiser with a strong track record of raising funds through a range of income streams including major donors, grants and trusts, events, and corporate and individual giving.
· You are a strategic leader who is resilient, responds well to change and is able to remain calm under pressure.
· You will have a passion for our cause, vision and values.
· You have proven fundraising experience that has led to tangible outcomes.
· You are an excellent relationship builder and networker.
· You have strong communication skills.
· You are positive, pragmatic and solution-focused, able to prioritise, and with good time management.
Knowledge, experience and skills
· Proven track record of successful fundraising.
· Substantial experience of leading fundraising teams.
· Experience in using a range of fundraising approaches including securing high value partnerships.
· Strong communication, negotiation and presentation skills.
· Track record of contributing to strategic plans and setting and managing budgets.
· In-depth, up-to-date knowledge of the fundraising sector and fundraising trends and best practice.
· Confident cultivating and managing relationships with a range of funders.
What’s in it for you
At Gympanzees we strive to create a workplace that reflects the communities we serve and where everyone feels empowered to bring their full, authentic selves to work. It is our mission to build an inclusive culture that encourages, supports, and celebrates the diverse voices of our community and its employees. We are a hugely passionate and driven team, and our jobs are more than just work. As a small team, every opinion is valued, and we encourage risk and learning to make us as good as we can be.
We offer 25 days holiday (plus bank holidays), increasing 1 day each year you are part of the team, up to 30 days. In addition, everyone is given their birthday off.
We also offer a healthcare plan that you can use to reclaim cash against Dental appointments and treatment, Opticians, Therapy and Specialist Consultations.
Employee Assistance Programme.
Gympanzees is committed to promoting diversity and encourages applications from underrepresented groups (e.g., Disabled people, people from ethnic minorities, LGBTQ+ people) and as a Disability Confident Employer, we guarantee an interview to all applicants who meet our essential criteria.
If you are successfully shortlisted, you will then be invited for an interview and if successful, you will be asked to provide the names of two referees who have known you for at least two years preferably in a professional context. This can include employers, colleagues, teachers, tutors, support workers, community leaders, child’s teacher or a member of a hobby or exercise group you belong to.
Our commitment to safeguarding
At Gympanzees, we take very seriously our responsibilities for the safety and welfare of the people who use our services, our volunteers, staff and the organisation as a whole.
All applicants successful at interview will be asked to disclose unspent convictions under the terms of the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 (as amended in 2013).
If you would like this document in any other format or if you are experiencing difficulties applying, please get in touch by email, phone or in writing.
If you ave questions about this role please get in touch and we’d be more than happy to discuss.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.