HACT is a collaborative organisation and this role is crucial to the smooth running of our annual calendar of events. If you have experience running events and are also keen to continue to be involved in digital communications, this may well be the role for you.
This role will be responsible for the delivery and running of events, supporting the Head of Marketing in the planning of our events calendar.
This role supports the marketing team in the delivery of high-quality communications, promoting HACT and its projects online and offline. The role will be the key point of contact for our digital communications, responsible for uploading content to our websites and social media channels.
HACT partners with organisations across the housing sector to drive value for residents and communities through insight-led products and services which encourage innovation and foster collaboration.
We help them measure their social value, better understand the communities they serve, and connect with like-minded organisations.
- Deliver and run HACT’s events programme including webinars, podcasts, conferences, workshops, roundtables, and other events, using our online platforms, as well as Eventbrite
- Report on marketing statistics for all events.
- Coordinate and liaise with suppliers (venues, caterers etc), as appropriate, and oversee logistical arrangements for the delivery of events.
- Support the Marketing Lead in planning effective events to ensure consistently excellent attendance levels from targeted audiences.
- Support the Marketing Lead in the development and delivery of pre and post-event communications to ensure audience engagement and maximisation of potential leads
- Update the CRM system following event completion to ensure opportunities are maximised.
- Support the development of feedback and evaluation systems to ensure events are of high quality and meet the needs of stakeholders.
- Uploading content to the HACT website and the Centre for Excellence in Community Investment website, as well as HACT’s social media channels, as agreed.
- Draft, create and distribute marketing campaigns using MailChimp.
- Ensure all digital outputs are consistent with HACT brand guidelines.
- Identify potential digital channels, campaigns, and co-branding opportunities, in liaison with the Head of Marketing.
- Report on digital campaign activity to help drive insight-led activity
- Research, draft, and maintain an archive of case studies of HACT’s work.
- Assist in other duties from time to time
Essential skills and experience
- Running and delivering events, online and in person.
- Experience in working with WordPress, MailChimp, Hootsuite, and other online marketing software
- Experience in using social media to engage stakeholders, including the use of LinkedIn, Instagram, and Twitter.
- Excellent IT skills, including the ability to learn new systems and maximise the benefits of existing systems.
- Ability to take the initiative, to work flexibly in a pressurised environment, and excellent organisational, self-motivational, and time-management skills.
- Experience in handling a varied, diverse, and full workload.
- An understanding of and commitment to equal opportunities.
Desirable skills and experience
- Excellent writing skills, with specific awareness of writing for the web and social media.
- Ability and understanding of effective marketing of events and web content.
- Ability to maintain and develop relationships with a diverse range of people and organisations.
- An understanding of the demands and challenges of working in a small organisation and the ability to work as part of a team.
- Creativity, enthusiasm, and flexibility
- Knowledge of best practice of social media usage for not-for-profit organisations.
- A confident and resourceful approach to work and in dealing with a wide range of internal and external contacts.
To apply, please submit your up-to-date CV along with a cover letter describing your reasons for applying for this role and providing a skills match to the role profile.