As Head of Marketing, you will drive future success by bringing solid strategic, brand building and leadership experience to our marketing function, including delivering the marketing strategy.
This is a brand-new opportunity for an experienced marketing professional to employ your skills and experience in a charity that is at the beginning of its digital transformation.
HACT partners with organisations across the housing sector to drive value for residents and communities through insight-led products and services encouraging innovation and fostering collaboration.
Our work around social value, community investment and the use of data drive better understanding of the communities they serve and the social impact they have.
The Head of Marketing will develop, manage, and lead all the digital and e-commerce marketing campaigns with the help of one person in the team. The Head of Marketing will provide concrete deliverables and work alongside the EMT regularly.
We are looking for an all-rounder with solid operational skills, a specific focus on digital / e-commerce marketing with a passion for charity work.
- Drive sales by planning and executing all marketing campaigns, including SEO, email, social media, affiliates, and advertising campaigns.
- Ensure all marketing campaigns promote and enhance the HACT brand, including brand guidelines and tone of voice
- Provide editorial sign-off for all marketing and communications, including media releases
- Continuously analyse and measure the reporting metrics and ROI of spend/activity
- Identify trends and insights, and optimise spend and performance based on the insights
- Measure and report performance of all digital marketing campaigns, and assess against goals (ROI and KPIs)
- Planning a wide-ranging learning and events programme at a national level for diverse stakeholders
- Manage the marketing budget
- Manage a team of one
- Work with HACT product owners to define their marketing/communications goals and objectives, using these plans to feed into the overall marketing strategy
- Develop the marketing and sales strategy and contribute to the wider business strategy
- Brainstorm new and creative growth strategies with the wider senior team
- Evaluate emerging technologies, providing thought leadership and perspective for adoption where appropriate
The ideal applicant will have a thorough knowledge of digital marketing and the opportunities that e-commerce presents, as well as hands on experience of delivering digital marketing campaigns. Ideally, we are looking for candidates who have a working understanding of charities and how they operate but we still want to hear from those with strong experience working in a highly regulated industry.
The ideal candidate will have a minimum three years’ experience as a digital marketer, preferably in the charity or housing sector as well as;
- Good understanding and knowledge of SEO & paid ads
- Strong desire to learn and willing to use your own initiative
- Experience with email and affiliate marketing
- Editorial, writing and design skills
- Solid understanding of the different social networks, particularly LinkedIn and Twitter
- Ability to build, lead and inspire a team working mainly remotely
- An ambitious individual who is driven to achieve successful results
- Ability to make efficient use of resources
- Hands on mentality and get the job done mindset
- Passionate problem solver, keen to push a continual improvement agenda
- Excellent people skills to be able to adapt to all types of requests, as well as the ability to build strong relationships with key people and stakeholders
- Pays close attention to detail
- Excellent communication, presentation and leadership skills
- A creative mind with good critical thinking skills, as well as an analytical problem-solver
- Flexibility to work on a variety of projects and multi-task effectively.
Location: UK - Remote, or Head office London N1
Salary: up to £45,000 depending on experience
- Flexible working hours
- Remote working or office based – London N1
- 24 days holiday plus bank holidays!
To be considered for the position you must
- submit a detailed covering letter along with your CV, outlining why you're right for the role
- have the right to work in the UK