About Hammersmith, Fulham, Ealing and Hounslow Mind
This is an exciting opportunity to join and support a fast growing and dedicated team supporting the wellbeing of communities across West London.
We’re here to make sure that everyone suffering with a mental health problem gets the help they need to recover. We listen, support recovery, fight stigma and work with partners to take action. We provide services for adults, children and young people, signposting for everyone and training and consultancy for employers.
This role is within our crisis alternative service, which is an out of hours service providing a safe and welcoming space for people who are feeling distressed and experiencing crisis. The service will operate 365 days a year from 4:30pm - 11:30pm across all of our boroughs.
Staff within the service will provide person-centred, practical and emotional support, face to face or via telephone on a one-to-one or group basis to individuals experiencing mental health crisis.
The objectives of the service include:
• To improve the mental wellbeing of people experiencing mental health crisis in HFEH.
• To provide support to clients accessing the service- for instance: signposting, de-escalation, planned wellbeing activities etc.
• To contribute to an improvement in individual mental wellbeing.
• To remain a source of independent support for all clients.
• To treat service users with respect, dignity and personalised support
• To raise awareness of mental health services available with the goal to improve long term mental health and reduce social isolation
• To increase self-management skills of those accessing the service
• To reduce the use of police, ambulance and statutory mental health services whilst experiencing crisis.
• To reduce the use of statutory crisis services by people experiencing mental ill health without positive outcomes for the individual.
The role of the support workers will be to support the rest of the team in delivering interventions on a one-to-one and group basis. The role will also involve triaging and assessing all clients accessing the service, signposting and delivering collaborative self-management plans with clients to improve mental wellbeing.
Fixed Term until 31st March 2022 (with potential to extend)
Part time (21 hours per week) and Full Time (35 hours per week) opportunities available.
Post is subject to a DBS check.
We are an equal opportunities employer; and are proud to employ a workforce that reflects the diverse communities we serve. We welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons from all backgrounds.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.