Hampstead Garden Suburb Trust is looking for a full-time Architectural Support Officer to join the planning team, which deals with alterations to the Suburb's buildings and landscapes.
In this role, you will:
- Provide administrative support to the Architectural Team.
- Advise homeowners and their architects on Trust policy regarding alterations to properties.
- Register planning applications, calculate planning fees and notify neighbours.
- Assist with research and development of policies for the management of the estate to ensure it survives as a living, modern community whilst retaining its essential historic characteristics.
- Deal with all necessary record keeping.
- Prepare reports and other information for Trust Committees.
- Assist with viewing of plans by residents.
Are you looking for a career in building conservation?
Would you like to help manage the country's most significant Garden Suburb?
Do you enjoy working in a small, friendly team?
If so, this may be the job for you.
A full role description is available to download, and a document with further background information is also available.
About the Trust
Hampstead Garden Suburb is recognised internationally as one of the finest examples of early twentieth century domestic architecture and town planning. It is a conservation area within the London Borough of Barnet and contains a large number of listed buildings. There are over 3,800 houses and 1,300 flats on the Suburb, as well as commercial properties, public buildings, woods and open spaces.
The Hampstead Garden Suburb Trust was set up in 1968 to maintain and preserve the character and amenities of the Suburb. It does this principally through a Scheme of Management for freehold properties, and its ownership of leasehold properties. The Trust controls alterations to buildings, manages its 'green' estate and undertakes occasional improvement projects of community benefit.
The role is permanent, full-time and office based. Periodic home working may be necessary in response to any changes in official Covid-19 guidance.
The salary will be £26,000 To £29,000 depending on qualifications and experience.
Office hours are 9am to 5pm Monday to Friday. Occasional evening work is required to support trustee meetings, for which TOIL will be offered.
Benefits include a contributory pension and 25 working days' annual leave.
How to apply
Candidates should apply in writing to the Trust Manager, Hampstead Garden Suburb Trust, 862 Finchley Road, London NW11 6AB or via this website with a full CV and two referees as soon as possible but no later than 9.00am on Monday 17 May.
Please apply with a full CV and two referees as soon as possible but no later than 9.00am on Monday 17 May.