Seeking a motivated finance assistant with bookkeeping experience to support our business alongside our Finance Manager.
Haringey Education Partnership
Haringey Education Partnership is a not-for-profit, schools-led school improvement company established by Haringey and Enfield schools in partnership with Haringey Council from September 2018. We exist to improve outcomes for children and young people through delivering the best school improvement available anywhere in the country. We support all types and phases of schools in Haringey and Enfield who want to work with us and our family of 100+ schools.
Our vision is to inspire our schools so every child and young person is able to thrive in a rapidly changing world. Our mission is to raise outcomes for all in HEP schools so achievement is as good as, or better than, anywhere in the country.
We are seeking to engage a highly motivated and experienced individual to take on the role of finance assistant to take care of the transactional requirements of the business. Working closely with the Finance Lead and with the business’s managers, the post-holder will provide a crucial role in ensuring that invoices for services are raised and paid in timely fashion and that the bookkeeping requirements of the business are met. This is a part-time role, so flexible working is very much a possibility.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Processing payments of invoices.
- Ensuring the accuracy of customer accounts.
- Creating, sending, and following-up on sales invoices.
- Paying the payroll monthly (the payroll service is currently outsourced but HEP carries out the actual payments).
- In consultation with the Finance Lead, preparing and processing accrual and prepayment entries to the ledger (HEP currently uses Quickbooks financial software).
- Preparing and producing ad-hoc reports for managers from the ledger.
- Helping to maximise cash inflow by preparing regular debtor reports, statements and other material as required.
- Suggesting improvements in accuracy, efficiency, and reducing costs.
- Any other duties commensurate with the role.
Skills and Experience
- Excellent knowledge of electronic accounting software.
- Strong knowledge of bookkeeping.
- Good organisational skills.
- Good analytical skills.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Have strong communication and interpersonal skills, and be able to build relationships quickly
- Be adaptable with good organisational skills
- Be a team player, with the confidence to lead and motivate
- Have a positive can-do attitude
- Have a passion for improving outcomes for children and young people
The post is subject to an enhanced DBS check.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.