We are looking to appoint an experienced and proactive individual to join the Harris Federation in the newly created role of Project Delivery Manager for the School Led Network.
The School-Led Network (SLN) is a national partnership led by the Harris Federation and formed by the Harris Leadership College, NETSP, Newcastle University, Outwood Institute of Education and the Star Institute. Together, these organisations share a vision of a national school-led system with a culture of professional learning within and between schools that drives school improvement and ensures that all pupils can achieve beyond expectations.
Working with our Harris Leadership College, a professional development hub for the Harris Federation, you will be responsible for the day-to-day project delivery and support of the School-Led Network programme of National Professional Qualifications (NPQs).
We are able to consider a fixed-term contract or a permanent position for this vacancy. We also offer flexible and hybrid working options, details of which can be discussed at interview.
The Harris Leadership College is the leadership development centre for the Harris Federation, its academies, and other schools. We provide high-quality leadership training to schools and academies in and around London. The Harris Leadership College is the lead network provider for the School Led Network (SLN) and was created from a motivation to enable all schools, MATs and Teaching School Hubs to have the choice of a genuinely school-led provider for National Professional Qualifications (NPQs).
The School-Led Network programmes build on what we know from practice works; enabling school leaders from across the country to enhance their leadership and develop others. Our NPQs are designed and delivered by leaders from some of the UK’s most successful and top-performing schools and MATs, including Harris Federation, Outwood Grange Academies Trust, Star Academies and a range of NE schools and MATs. These schools exemplify practical excellence in school leadership, teaching, behaviour and teacher development. We want to work with other schools and partnerships so we can learn together.
We’re committed to sharing learning and building capability with other schools to enable these new programmes to achieve maximum impact by raising the bar to improve outcomes for young people.
Main Areas of Responsibility
The successful candidate must have good project management disciplines, such as planning, reporting, risk management, communication and well-developed organisational skills. A background in the education sector is not essential, but a passion and a desire to make a difference is key. Training and professional development will be a fundamental part of the role.
The role will entail regular and varied engagement with Harris Federation colleagues and external stakeholders, including multiple SLN delivery providers and partners.
The purpose of your role will be:
- Be a key member of the Harris Leadership College (HLC) team, working predominantly on the School Led Network (SLN) programme; a consortium of three national multi-academy trusts and one University, which collectively provide National Professional Qualifications (NPQ) for teachers.
- Provide project management and support across a range of SLN workstreams, including contract management and the SLN’s Digital Platform (a Learning Management System).
- The role will entail regular and varied engagement with Harris Federation colleagues and external stakeholders, including multiple SLN delivery providers and partners.
- The successful candidate must have good project management disciplines, such as planning, reporting, risk management, communication and well-developed organisational skills.
- A background in the education sector is not essential, but a passion and a desire to make a difference is key.
- Training and professional development will be a fundamental part of the role.
- Provide line management to the Digital Learning Support Officer.
Download the Job Pack for full details on the job responsibilities and person specification.
Qualifications & Experience
The successful candidate will have:
- Degree level of education
- Project management experience and qualification e.g. PRINCE2, Managing Successful Programmes etc
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office 365 applications
- Experience of working in a professional and high-paced environment
- Proven and well-developed interpersonal skills, including good communication both written and verbal
- Good administrative skills with an excellent eye for detail, including proof reading skills, with the ability to maintain a high level of accuracy
- Professional working ethic and a commitment to high standards
- Ability to ensure that confidentiality is maintained at all times
- Ability to work as part of a team and maintain good working relationships with colleagues
Before applying, please download the Job Pack for full details on the job responsibilities and person specification. You will need this when completing your application.
Please note: we may hold interviews as and when applications are received and we reserve the right to offer to a candidate prior to the closing date. We only accept applications submitted online via our careers website and which are completed before the closing deadline. With this in mind, we encourage you to apply as soon as possible and advise you check the job information as per the listing on our careers site.
If you have any questions about this opportunity, please contact us to arrange a conversation.
The Harris Federation and all our academies are committed to ensuring the highest levels of safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, and we expect all our staff and volunteers to share in this commitment. All offers of employment are subject to an Enhanced DBS check, references, and where applicable, a prohibition from teaching check will be completed for all applicants. Before applying, please review our Policy Statement on the Recruitment of Ex-Offenders.
The Harris Federation is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all suitably qualified candidates.
As a provider of employment and education, we value the diversity of our staff and students, and all our staff are equally valued and respected. We are committed to providing a fair, equitable and mutually supportive learning and working environment for our students and staff.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.