* The position is currently working from home. Once the pandemic has calmed down. The role will come with flexible working.
* The position is part of the Senior Management Team and reports directly to the CEO and COO
* The position is open to Part Qualified or Fully Qualified Accountants
* Salary is 35,000pa
About the Role
* This is an exciting role for a professional with strong accounting and charity finance experience to join a small but growing charity.
* You will have excellent understanding and experience of financial planning and implementing systems. Organised and with a high level of attention to detail, you will enjoy managing this function, reporting to the Chief Operating Officer and as part of the SMT (Senior Management Team).
* You will lead on all financial activities: accounting, budget setting and forecasting, financial management control policies and procedures, gift aid, banking and support donor management activities.
* Ensuring all financial information held supports the SMT and ultimately the trustee board to make sound decisions
* Responsible for all month end processes, prepare key account reconciliations
* Set up of budget systems and support budget holders to prepare and manage their budgets, including advising on expenditure coding
* Prepare information (monthly, quarterly and annually) e.g. on budget spend and forecasting for funding bids and generation of new income.
* Review and analyse financial reports and budgets with SMT, reporting on trends and performance against budgets to inform management decisions and strategic planning processes
* Work with Fundraising & Partnerships Manager (to be appointed) and Marketing Manager to present financial information in a meaningful way for annual reports, grant and impact reports etc.
* Ensure efficient financial management systems and planning to inform business development, fundraising strategies and demonstrates value for money across all activities
* With the Treasurer, ensure efficient preparation of annual financial accounts and budgets
* Proactively ensure financial policies are adhered to and kept up-to-date. Ensure an appropriate financial control environment is in place.
* Take a proactive lead on financial risk management