International Group Chief Financial Officer - a unique, challenging and very rewarding position for the right candidate
Words of Peace is an independent charitable foundation, who are part of an international network of related charities and not-for-profit foundations.
Funded entirely by donations, with a combined turnover of close to $15 million, mainly from many thousands of individuals around the world, the main activity is supporting the international tours and events and other speaking engagements that promote the education of peace and wellbeing.
This position is primarily home-based, liaising with people around the world on a virtual basis.
* The Group CFO is responsible for managing the financial administration and reporting of each of the key organisations. He/she reports directly to the CEO and maintains contact with other key managers within the group.
* The Group CFO is assisted by full-time and part-time staff in the respective organisations who manage the admin, bookkeeping and the donations database functions between them.
* The successful person for this position should meet the following minimum requirements:
* A minimum 10 years of experience in financial management and accounting as a CFO/Senior Finance Manager
* Charity experience and an accountancy qualification are desirable but not essential
* Flexible schedule to accommodate different time zones of the global team
* Ability to communicate complex financial and legal issues clearly to non-finance experts and develop effective financial management systems
* Relevant experience of managing the upgrade of IT infrastructure including web services
* Experience in overseeing data compliance
* Ability to think strategically and deliver against the charity's strategy
* Proven line management and staff development skills and human resources
* Confident and willing to carry out hands-on technical accounting skills as well as high level reporting
* Excellent communication and inter-personal skills, able to initiate dialogue and present at conference
* Able to work both proactively and autonomously from home and collaboratively in a fast-paced environment, both with volunteers and professionals.
If you would like to understand more about this role and the organisation, please apply or contact Simon Bascombe at Harris Hill.
Closing date for applications: 12 noon, Tuesday 8th December.