The next Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of DeafKidz International will join us at an exciting time as we look to review the success of our current three-year strategy and look forward to preparing our 10th anniversary celebrations in 2023. Our new CEO will be an experienced and inspiring leader who will scale and sustain the organisation through a blended combination of business development and fundraising work.
While we are a relatively new charity, we are the global leader for the safeguarding and protection of deaf, hard of hearing and deafened children and young people. Deaf children and young people are three times more likely to experience abuse and exploitation than hearing children. Deaf children experience endemic physical, sexual abuse and neglect. This can't happen and so at DeafKidz International we're working to ensure deaf children can be safe and that child protection capabilities are strengthened to be inclusive of the needs of deaf children and their families.
We've developed a core model of intervention which is focused on five domains and which aims to ensure deaf children and young people are able to live safely and without fear of abuse; we've originated and developed some cutting edge programming and toolkits which we're now looking to scale; we've built incredible partnerships with the likes of the Global Partnership to End Violence Against Children, Jersey Overseas Aid, Child Helpline International and more; and we've also built a consultancy arm that we are seeking to scale.
Role: Chief Executive Officer of DeafKidz International
Contract: Permanent, full time
Salary: circa £60,000
Location: Brighton (3 days per week in the office)
Amongst other criteria, the successful candidate will have:
- Leadership experience within international child protection, humanitarian, development or disability organisations
- Awareness or familiarity with the intricacies of lived deaf experience
- Proven and evidenced track record of business development and fundraising, delivering organisational sustainability and resilience; leveraging funding from institutional donors, partner NGOs, Trusts & Foundations; high-net worth and corporate donors
- Experience in a senior management role of managing and growing teams
- Experience of developing and implementing organisational strategies that deliver evidenced outcomes and outputs
- Experience in the design and development of strategy and vision, with the proven ability to learn from and adapt to changing circumstances, and to translate strategy into meaningful action
- Experience leading change in an organisation, and in developing values and culture
- Experience of communications at the highest level to achieve positive outcomes comms through advocacy with donors, influencing decision-makers, and engaging opinion formers
We encourage applicants who are from underrepresented groups with protected characteristics, as we value having a diverse pool of applicants to find the best candidate. We would especially welcome candidates who are deaf.
If you would like to receive an Information Pack for this role with details on how to apply, please send a confidential expression of interest by clicking apply. Our consultant, Jenny Hills, will respond with a full information pack.
For an informal and confidential conversation about this position, please contact Jenny at the above address with your contact details, and suitable times to chat. If you require a BSL interpreter please advise and we will make the necessary arrangements. You can also view a BSL version of this advertisement below.
Closing date for applications: 9am, Monday 13th June 2022.
See British Sign Language version of this text here: https://youtu.be/ROQfs__IQe8
Clicking apply notifies our consultant, Jenny Hills at Harris Hill. She will respond via email with an information pack with full details, including a complete job description and person specification, as well as how to submit a formal application. Your interest will be kept confidential to DeafKidz International until you submit a formal application.