Harris Hill is proud to be working with this amazingly ambitious UK based health charity.
If you are a Database Officer with an understanding of finance administration we are delighted you are reading this and we hope you apply and find out all of the relevant information.
Do get in touch with us if you have the experience, we will send you the job description to give you a better picture of where they are as an organisation and the kind of person they are looking for as they build their team.
Recently the charity was re-branded and whilst it had a superb track record in funding medical research, it wasn't well known outside of medical circles. They re-branded their mission and they became more visible and accessible for those who need them.
Before the re-brand they had just over 30,000 visitors to their website. Today, they average 100,000 visitors per month to the website, over a million a year.
Helping to support people affected by specific health conditions is at the very heart of everything they do.
This role is crucial to underpinning their stakeholder relationships and supporting the mission of providing expert information, raising awareness and funding life-changing and life-saving research.
They are looking for a team member who is as fascinated by health, and someone who can embrace the size of the ambition and share their vision.
Are you ready to use your experience, skills and energy to provide the data reporting required to assist the team in serving the community?
Can you help them raise their profile, presence and income so that they can transform the levels of research into this hugely important and overlooked area of health?
You will be joining a small, professional and passionate team that punches way above its weight. You will be energised by this opportunity as it gives you the opportunity to grow with the charity so that more people affected by these specific health conditions can be supported.
As Database Officer, you will assist the Finance Manager in the effective financial administration and management of the charity to ensure that donors and supporters receive an excellent service.
This will involve carrying out data imports and exports and ensuring the accuracy and integrity of the database is maintained. You will work with the fundraising team providing financial and other ad hoc reports as required. You will build relationships with various departments in hospitals and clinics to proactively promote our information resources.
You will assist the Finance Manager and CEO with preparing communications for the Board of Trustees.
- At least two years' experience in a charity database and finance administration role
- Experience of accurate data input, updating, extraction and analysis of a CRM database
- At least two years' experience of managing a Raiser's Edge database or three years' experience of managing a comparable CRM database and willing to undergo training.
- Experience of monitoring, developing and implementing new administrative processes
- Experience of providing exceptional quality customer service/donor care
- Experience of supporting and advising database users
Knowledge & Skills
- ability to implement effective administrative procedures
- ability to effectively use systems e.g., word processing, file management and record keeping
- knowledge of banking processes and reporting of financial data
- ability to proficiently use MS Office applications, especially Excel and Word