* Days: 5 days a week, with flexibility to work from home up to 2 days max. (once the offices are fully opened).
* Location: Based in Bracknell, Berkshire
* Salary: £75,000pa - £85,000pa
This is a key role on the senior management team, with strategic responsibility for the charity's financial position and collective responsibility for its overall success, but it is also a hands-on role.
* Fully qualified Accountant (CCAB).
* Operational experience in IT systems.
* Knowledge of accounting standards, VAT, HMRC and Charity accounting requirements.
* Strategic focus, demonstrating enthusiasm for the charities vision and purpose.
* Manage the Finance and IT Department (including the Charities database) and act as lead adviser on all financial matters, ensuring compliance with all legal and financial requirements.
* Provide oversight and financial control of all areas of the charity's activities.
* Liaise with the Treasurer and the Finance, Risk and Audit Committee. Take minutes and organise distribution of Trustee papers for meetings.
* Membership of the charities Retail Committee.
* Produce the annual Financial Statements in accordance with current legislation and accounting standards, liaising with auditors and ensuring that Accounts are completed accurately within statutory reporting timescales. Co-ordinate the production of the Trustees' Report and Accounts and the Director's Report and Accounts for the trading subsidiary
* Ensure that the cash flows of the charity are efficiently and prudently managed.
* Manage the general ledger systems and interfaces from feeder systems, including EPOS software and the charity's main database, ensuring the accuracy of accounting records and maintaining documentation of accountancy procedures.