* Reporting to: Chief Executive
* Seniority: Part of the SMT
* Salary: £59,000pa
* Management: This is a hands-on role managing 2 staff, plus volunteers and interns
* Interviews: W/C 4th October, so apply immediately
* Flexible working is available
* Relevant accountancy qualifications or appropriate experience
* At least three years' experience in charity accounts
* Experience in personnel management in a small/medium sized organisation
* Responsibility for ensuring effective cross organisational budgeting and planning process, to underpin robust strategic business plans.
* Monitoring complex budgets is key to maintaining a clear grasp of our expenditure and income related to restricted and unrestricted budgets. Ensuring systems for recording income and producing clear and accurate management information for budget holders.
* Maintain HR systems. You will be expected to draft HR policy and maintain up to date knowledge and best HR practice throughout the organisation.
* Maintain and provide Health and Safety, Standing Financial Instructions, Charity Commission returns, and Board administration.
* Support the charity in ensuring that it safeguards the wellbeing of its staff, IT infrastructure and the physical environment
* Maintain accurate and up to date financial, including preparing quarterly management accounts and annual statutory financial accounts.
* Prepare annual budgets and monitor cash flow projections based on the business and operational plans
* Produce regular (normally quarterly) management accounts, including budget variances and agreed performance indicators
* Prepare annual statutory accounts, liaising with the Treasurer as required