Harris Hill charity finance specialists are proud to be working along-side an international medical charity to find a strong Finance and Administration Manager.
The successful candidate will be responsible for financial and administrative duties relating to the London office. This includes taking charge of the administrative duties of the Board of Trustees and other sub committees. This role is essential to the smooth operation of the UK Head-Office.
As well as acting as PA to the Chairman you will also have PA duties to the CEO when they are in London.
Financial duties (70% of time) including:
- Administration of the Gift Aid
- Processing daily income/donations on the fundraising database (Raisers Edge)
- Preparation of batch sheets relating to all direct payments
- Responsibility for petty cash and staff expenses reimbursement.
- Processing payment of all invoices
- To be holder of the office credit card
- Reconciliation of bank statements
- Invoice production
- Processing Credit/Debit card and standing order/direct debit donations
- Monthly reconciliation for all donations
- Transfer of money between accounts and be the point of contact with investment bankers.
- Lead role and contact for the Audit
- Maintaining financial records
- Assist in the production of the expenditure budget for the London office
Administration duties (30% of time) including:
- Acting as PA to the Chairman and CEO. This will include governance matters, Hotel bookings, diary management, flights, lunch and reservations etc.
- To take minutes, organise meetings for the Board and ancillary committees
- To be responsible as main point of contact for Raisers Edge
- To be main administrative liaison with a number of internal & external bodies
- To prepare reports to review on Raisers Edge
- Fielding general telephone enquiries
- Responsible for opening incoming mail
- Handling office stationery supplies
- Co-ordinating the office IT requirements
- Responsible for supervising the reception of visitors to the London Office
- Experience in financial administration or bookkeeping
- Knowledge of basic accountancy
- Good time management
- First class organisational and administration skills
- Good level of IT literacy
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Excellent numerousy and financial awareness
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to work to tight deadlines
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Ability to work with limited supervision
- An interest in accounting and financial record keeping
- Accountancy qualification (or currently studying for one)
- Experience of minute taking and preparation of board/committee agendas/info packs
- Experience of working in a charitable organisation.
- Experience of undertaking similar work tasks and being involved in audit process
- Experience using Raisers Edge