You will be joining an organisation at a pivotal time because this small and dedicated team are looking to make a big difference. You will be responsible for the analysis of financial information, preparation of operational data for the SMT to take make senior level decisions.
Your primary duties will include the delivery of the finance functions for the charities, assisting the Director of Finance & Operations, identifying areas for cost reductions, operational improvements, annual budget process, forecasting and managing the audit process for the charity.
The Finance Manager is responsible for the planning and delivering of the finance functions for the charity. You will have one direct report and so will possess a can do attitude and appropriate delegation of tasks which is key in this small but busy charity.
Typical tasks include:
- day to day running of accounts;
- overseeing payroll;
- bank account management;
- settling of invoices;
- developing financial management mechanisms to minimise financial risk;
- identifying cost-reduction opportunities;
- preparing monthly management accounts.
- providing and interpreting financial information;
- monitoring and interpreting cash flows and predicting future trends;
- monitoring and forecasting of balance sheet;
- assisting with strategic and long-term business plans;
- advising on technical financial matters;
- managing the charities' financial accounting systems;
- liaising with auditors;
Part Qualified (ACCA, CIMA ect) at least AAT Level 4
High level of Excel skills (including lookups and pivot tables)
Information gathering and analysis skills
Demonstrable success in establishing effective working relationship across a range of organisations at all levels
Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Effective interpersonal skills, in particular influencing skills
Ability to work on own initiative
Must have Enthusiasm, Flexibility and the ability to innovate