This is an immediate start position, with no more than 1 weeks' notice period required
* Salary: £45,000pa
* Reporting to: Head of Finance and Systems
* Permanent: 40 hours per week
* Benefits: 5% matched contribution pension; 25 days holidays (rising incrementally) & bank holidays; Birthday leave; retailer & leisure discounts
* Qualifications: ACA, ACCA or CIMA qualified
* Excellent working knowledge of Sage or similar software, Excel, and other appropriate IT packages
* Accounting or bookkeeping experience at management level
* Full working knowledge of preparing management accounts, budget setting and forecasting
* Experience of preparing for annual audits, either within a charity setting
* Experience of payroll
* To ensure that appropriate financial regulations and controls are in place and in use at all times within the network to include; an acceptable standard of segregation of duties and a high level of compliance with financial procedures.
* To manage the budgets and complete claim returns, supporting the Grants & Trusts Manager with reporting on restricted project funding income secured from external sources, ensuring the appropriate level of evidence is retained.
* To prepare the monthly Management Accounts for the Senior Management Team (SMT), and compile accurate financial information for Board packs (P&L actuals & forecast, cash flow, balance sheet).
* To liaise with the SMT to develop and maintain systems for budget preparation and monitoring expenditure.
* To oversee the accurate completion of the monthly payroll run, liaising with the Administration Manager, external payroll bureau, HMRC and other agencies as appropriate.
* To complete the bank reconciliation.
* To ensure that income is maximised by overseeing the timely raising and payment of invoices.
* To maintain the fixed asset register and process depreciation through Sage.
* To maintain Sage to a very high standard, ensuring that data made available to the Board and SMT is accurate.
* To monitor and analyse financial information, managing cash flow, pre-empting potential problems and identifying opportunities for savings and improvements.
* To work closely with the SMT to ensure that any discrepancies in reconciliation are addressed.