The Financial Controller role is a pivotal senior role encompassing the strategic and operational needs of the charity, including the management of accounting and financial control functions, along with ownership of the financial strategy of the Trust.
Working alongside the Director of Finance will not only be an exceptional accountant with hands-on experience, but be commercially astute and have a deep understanding of charity financial regulations and obligations.
The role will be responsible for ensuring compliance with all financial regulations and ensure the timely production of management accounts, tax and other statutory returns including the filing of accounts with Companies House and company returns to the Charities Commission.
The role requires a strong and confident grasp of financial IT systems along with experience of developing and implementing IT to enhance service delivery and support the delivery of both growth and retention.
The position requires you to develop and implement an internal review programme to ensure that the company complies with financial procedures and regulations.
Person Specification - Skills and Qualifications:
* Excellent IT skills, always being ahead of new technologies and experience of developing and implementing IT systems in a complex organisation
* Qualified member of CIMA or an equivalent accountancy body or holder of an equivalent qualification in a related field
* Deep knowledge of tax law and its application to UK charities
* Experience of managing large scale supplier contracts.
* IT sector knowledge and experience.
* Strong collaboration skills and able to work effectively within an executive team. Able to present effective board level information to members who are non-financial.
* Experience of leading and developing staff and teams
* Experience of financial planning and forecasting.
* Experience of producing management accounts and reports for a medium to large scale organization
* Experience of appraising business cases and advising senior managers
This is a 9 - 12 Month Fixed Term Contract (With the possibility of going permanent)
Start date is as soon as possible, or no later than 26th August
Interviews are immediate