* Location: Kent, Free Parking on site
* Hours: Full Time - Monday to Friday (37.5hours per week)
* Responsible to: CEO. Part of the Senior Management Team
* Line Manager for: Finance and Admin Team (currently includes part-time Accounts Manager, part-time Accounts Assistant and full-time Administrator)
* Salary: c £45,000pa
* Apply immedaitely, do not wait until the closing date.
* To deliver high quality financial and business management to support the charity and subsidiary Trading Company.
* To advise the CEO and Board of Trustees on all financial aspects of the charity.
* To oversee the accounting and payroll functions.
* To be a member of the Senior Management Team and contribute to the charity's strategic direction and development
* To provide effective management to ensure that a wide range of operational aspects of the charity run efficiently.
* To oversee and lead on all data operations, processes and maintenance, ensuring information is accurate and timely.
* Qualified Accountant ideally, OR Extensive financial skills within a charity setting
* Oversee day to day financial processes and develop smarter ways of working where appropriate
* Support finance team and advise on any queries they may have
* Check that financial information is accurate and ensure the production of insightful management accounts and cash flow forecasts for both the charity and trading company
* Prepare annual budgets, financial forecasts and year end accounts for annual audit
* Ensure compliance with all legal requirements, financial processes and controls
* Oversee the payroll function
* Be the lead point of contact with HRMC, taking responsibility for compliance with all taxation and national insurance issues
* Ensure that the gift aid system is properly administered and that gift aid claims are made in a timely manner
* Ensure completion of gift aid claims and deal with any issues that may arise
* Ensure that the charity and trading company are compliant with statutory and regulatory requirements particularly in relation to record keeping and confidentiality
* To liaise with the Head of Retail and the CEO to oversee facilities management, ensuring effective running and maintenance of all the charity's properties (retail, warehouse and offices)
* Ensure facilities are maintained to safe, clean and secure standards
* Identify and action solutions to facility issues
* Project manage building improvement tasks and activities
* Organise and deal with leases, waste contracts, utilities, etc
* Oversee the management of expenditure items including utilities, insurance, waste management, consumables etc. and make savings wherever possible
Policies and Regulations
* To ensure regulatory compliance across the organisation, including:
* Identify regulatory needs and improvements in data protection, security, Health and Safety and Fire Safety
* Develop and implement new systems, processes and policies as required
* Update and review charity policies to maintain high standards
IT & Database
* Support the team on any IT related issues
* Oversee the charity and retail IT systems and be the main internal point of liaison with the external Contractors (currently does not cover the retail operation)
* Develop new systems, processes or procedures to enhance current systems
* Oversee the database ensuring it is being used to its full potential by members of staff, organise training when necessary and make sure data is being entered correctly.
* Liaise with Heads of Departments and managers across the organisation to ensure personnel records are accurate and up to date and recruitment and orientation programmes are in place for both paid staff and volunteers