Harris Hill Scotland are recruiting a Head of Services & Development on behalf of a Glasgow based mental health charity. This organisation have a 25 year track record of providing support to adults and young people helping them to make positive personal changes in order to lead a happier, healthier stress free life.
This role is an important senior position within the organisation and is responsible for the development of new and existing services and the design of current and strategic delivery plans.
Key responsibilities will include
- To provide strong leadership ensuring that effective management and performance systems are in place
- To monitor, direct and lead all operational service contracts ensuring full compliance and quality of service delivery
- To lead strategic planning and implementation of service improvements to support Service areas and ensure consistency of practice
- To line manage and be accountable for services and development personnel, ensuring they are appropriately line managed and supervised in accordance with the organisations performance management framework
- To work with the Head of Corporate Services to develop a fair and transparent succession planning strategy which recognises and hones potential expertise and skills
Experience and skills required
- The preferred candidate for this role must have strong operational and service delivery experience with previous knowledge and experience of change management
- The successful candidate must have experience of delivering against challenging targets supporting team members to do so
- The role requires a individual with strong operational experience as well string strategic implementation skills
- Previous knowledge and experience of charity governance and regulations would highly desirable
- The successful candidate must have excellent leadership skills with the ability to effectively man manage and lead staff members
- The role requires a candidate with strong project management skills as well as IT knowledge with exposure to microsoft packages