You will ensure that ambitious media coverage plays an integral role in the global advocacy strategy, amplifying the message to decision makers and helping bring about change for an essential cause.
Reporting to the Global Head of Media, you will bring experience as a journalist, experience of finding news stories, on subject matters that are campaigning for change, or hard to tackle, intricate issues.
You will provide expert media advice and delivery on national and international news, policy and campaigns activities across all media channels. You will ensure that the charity's media work on news, policy and campaigns is global, ambitious, proactive, creative, strategic and results driven.
You and your experience:
Previous experience at an NGO would be ideal, and you will be a motivational leader, encouraging and mentoring a team of up to 4 senior media officers.
The team are incredibly ambitious and they're looking for someone with the same drive and enthusiasm to join them.
* Considerable experience of achieving high profile, impactful media coverage, preferably around policy or campaigns issues.
* Experience of liaising with journalists of all levels
* Proven ability to prioritise workload and work under pressure.
* Creativity and tenacity
You will also:
* Brief staff up to and including the Chief Executive
* Build and maintain excellent relationships with relevant journalists
* Act as a media spokesperson as required.
* Lead up to four senior media officers
* When circumstances allow, you will accompany journalists to visit our work
Salary: Circa £42,000 (subject to experience) with excellent benefits.
Full time, permanent role.
Based in London minimum 3 days a week. However, the charity is currently working from home. International travel may be required in the future.
Please get in touch, by emailing [email protected] for more info. Please get in touch ASAP as the charity is keen to interview in February. I'm keen to send applications to the charity on Monday 15 th February.