Harris Hill are delighted to be supporting an established disability charity in their search for a Senior Communications Officer.
The charity has been championing the human rights of people with disabilities for 50 years. they work to develop the skills and culture necessary to understand people's needs and improve their quality of life.
They help those supporting people with complex needs including their members, universities, government departments, local authorities, NHS trusts, service providers and mainstream organisations - to champion rights, ensure excellent support and continually improve practice. They do this through a range of training, consultancy services, projects, publications, conferences and more.
As Senior Communications Officer, you will play a lead role in planning, developing, and implementing the communication and PR plan to grow awareness and profile of the charity.
By sharing the impact of their work and programmes in improving the lives of people with disabilities, you will support the organisation with their ambition to become the sector leading provider of organisational and workforce development and becoming the leading charity in reducing restrictive practices globally.
You will support the engagement co-ordinator to grow, improve and develop membership, Communities of Practice, and conferences / webinars.
By ensuring appropriate, effective and engaging communications to all relevant audiences and stakeholders through publication of tailored monthly newsletters and range of other communications, your role will support the growth and development of membership, Communities of Practice and the event programme (including webinars and conferences).
You will champion the organisations brand, vision, mission and values acting as an internal ambassador for communications and PR within the organisation and externally to partners, stakeholders and media
The ideal candidate will have:
* Experience working in communications and PR with demonstrable success
* PR and media management experience, including both online and traditional PR
* Experience of managing and implementing social media plans, including post development, scheduling, evaluation and monitoring feedback
* Experience of overseeing the design and production of print and electronic publications, including website management and development
* Experience of managing CRM systems and ensuring effective data capture and utilising data to inform decision making
Location - Fully Remote with travel to Birmingham
Contract - Permanent
Salary - £30,000 - £35,000 DOE