Are you a Support Care Officer looking to make your next move within the charity sector?
Do you like the idea of being part of an ambitious team that allows you to take on broader responsibilities?
You will now play a key role within the growing fundraising team of this amazing Healthcare / Medical based charity, and it will be your responsibility to deliver the highest levels of customer service to the charity's donors and prospective supporters. This is an opportunity for you to use your communication skills to build strong and loyal relationships while ensuring the administration side is accurate and the database records are kept updated.
This is an exciting and unique time for you to get involved because the charity is working on an ambitious data strategy project. You will be looking at ways to improve the current fundraising & finance processes, as well as systems & compliance. So this is a great opportunity to shape these plans and help to develop & embed them within the fundraising team.
Your key responsibilities will be :
- the first point of contact for all the charities supporters, so you will take care of telephone, email and written enquiries. You will also ensure that the supporter's information is accurately recorded. Then you will manage and flag any complex issues to the team.
- to deliver excellent supporter care and ensure all supporter donations are processed on the database and they are promptly thanked.
- supporting the team develop and roll-out a more streamlined data entry and financial reconciliation process.
- the main contact for all 3rd party giving platforms, working with the database team ensuring consistency and accuracy.
- the point of contact for the fundraising team for any queries, chasing timelines where needed.
- you will work closely with the Database team to identify, improve and ensure smooth delivery of any mass income or other donor data processing requirements.
- help support the Director of Fundraising and the fundraising & database team in the development of donor and team policies & procedures.
- supporting and delivering on excellent supporter care
- delivering excellent and accurate data entry & income processing
- Microsoft Applications including Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint, and MS Teams
- knowledge of The Raisers Edge database (or an equivalent CRM system)
- experience of processing donor / client donations or payments.
Skills and Attributes
- Strong attention to detail and ability to spot errors and opportunities for improvement
- Strong communication skills with a confident and professional manner on the phone and in person.
- Ability and ease when working with data, particularly financial data.
- Excellent organisation, prioritisation and workload management skills
- Proactive in learning new skills and keeping up to date with changes in relevant fundraising best practice and compliance.
- Good relationship building skills with both internal and external stakeholders
- Able to use initiative, taking full ownership of your area of responsibility
We look forward to meeting you & Good Luck!!