The successful candidate will have experience in either medical or scientific research or pharmaceutical based communications and be a confident copywriter in order to hit the ground running in this role. You will join a small yet dynamic team and the organisation offer a supportive working environment, and the opportunity to navigate your own ideas and push boundaries.
You can work remotely, with the ability and willingness to travel in on an ad-hoc basis/when required for key meetings/work for example. The office is based in Sussex.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Develop digital content plans for warm audiences to reflect relevant subject areas for the charity as well as support fundraising appeals.
- Develop engaging communication packages of research which can be used by fundraising staff to communicate with their varied audiences.
- Produce multimedia content, including video stories, infographics, blog posts, web stories and other content to support charity activity.
- Grow our social channels
- To act as the charity's focal point for media activity on medical research and to nurture productive relationships with journalists and researchers.
- To source, develop and manage relationships with families and write up their stories to provide copy for fundraising appeals, publications, social media and so on.
Your previous experience:
- Proven ability to write about medical research and complex issues clearly and effectively.
- Ability to identify and translate interesting stories from research findings.
- Experience of developing, implementing and evaluating content plans covering digital platforms.
- Experience of using monitoring and evaluation tools to help understand how digital and social activity is performing.
Salary £33,000. Benefits include 22 days annual leave plus additional closure days between Christmas and New Year and a Group Flexible Retirement Plan.
The charity will be reviewing applications on a rolling basis, so please get in touch ASAP to start the conversation.
Interviews will take place via zoom, as soon as they hear from a suitable candidate.
To find out more about the opportunity, please do get in touch by emailing your CV to [email protected] or calling 02078207305.