This is an exciting and growing organisation who have been established for over 100 years. They work to build more sustainable, prosperous and inclusive communities through education, governance & economic development initiatives. They organised their work around Building Peaceful Solutions, Microenterprise Development, Natural Resources Management, Economic Cooperation and Sustainable Agriculture.
The successful candidate will play a key role in the financial planning and the fund management for international projects. This position reports into the SMT and you will collaborate with the Financial Controller as well as the Global Finance Team and Project Leads.
The French Speaking Finance & Budget Analyst will work directly with the CFO, Financial Controller, and local Finance Managers to support the effective and timely implementation of financial administration procedures.
Specific responsibilities include:
Financial Planning and Budgeting :
- Setting-up project budget reports for all new projects;
- preparing and analysing monthly reports and distribute to project teams with recommendations;
- reviewing project budgets with team, discussing the analysis and making recommendations;
- preparing and submitting donor financial reports;
- monitoring and managing cost share for projects when required;
- preparing monthly departmental reports and distributing to managers with appropriate analysis and recommendations;
- assisting the senior team with the annual budgeting process and providing updates as needed;
- preparing regular cash flow reports;
- assisting with funding proposals as required
Accounting - you will:
- maintain up-to-date knowledge and expertise for each donor and in accordance with regulations.
- review transactions for each project to ensure all costs are appropriate;
- monitor transactions for potential irregularities and report potential issues;
- assist the Financial Controller and CFO in designing secure financial systems and processes and ensure these are appropriately implemented;
- support project related audits.
Qualifications and Requirements :
The successful candidate will have the following qualifications/experience:
- degree in Business Administration, Finance, Accounting or related fields, (or equivalent combination of education and work experience)
- Minimum 3 years of accounting and/or financial management experience, preferably in an NGO setting;
- Experience with projects supported by USG, UK Government, EU, European bilateral agencies (e.g., Netherlands, Switzerland, Germany, France), UN agencies;
- Understanding of donor contracts and budget management;
- Excellent data analysis skills;
- Advanced excel skills are essential;
- Willingness to travel internationally for site visits and/or internal audit as required;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Must speak French
This is a fantastic opportunity if you are an open-minded candidate who is a creative communicator, open to international travel and looking for the next stage in their development.