Position: Fundraising Insight and Special Projects Manager
Location: Primarily home-based, but with up to 2 days per week at
SPANA Head Office
Job type: Full Time, Permanent
Hours: Full time (34.5 hours per week, within our flexible working policy), but part-time will be considered.
Salary: Circa 35,000 depending on experience
Benefits: Pension scheme, you contribute 5% SPANA contributes 10%; Discounted gym membership and PureGym and Nuffield Health; Employee assistance programme; Flat rental support agreement; Eyecare vouchers; Cycle to work scheme; Death in service scheme (beneficiary nomination)
About the role:
Our Fundraising Insight and Special Projects Manager will provide data, evidence and results-driven insight that will help inform Fundraising's business decisions and performance analysis, and ultimately help us maximise the charity's income and supporter care. In this new role, the post holder will also manage and support various fundraising projects, and generally champion the value of insight across the organisation.
This role reports to the Director of Fundraising and will work across SPANA's Fundraising department. This comprises Major Gifts (Legacies, Major Donors, Trusts & Foundations and Corporate Fundraising), Donor Marketing & Digital Fundraising, and Supporter Care (Supporter Engagement, Community Fundraising, Events and Database).
SPANA's fundraising department is currently growing, with income increasing both in the UK and internationally, and it's an exciting time to join this well regarded animal charity. This role will suit a fundraiser with strong analytical, evaluation and planning skills, and broad project management experience. It will be primarily homebased, and applicants preferring part-time will be considered.
Key responsibilities of the role include:
- Deliver post campaign/event analysis reports (including reports for Donor Marketing and Major Donor appeals), share key findings and provide insight based recommendations to influence future planning and decision making.
- Contribute to the development of fundraising strategies and delivery plans, by highlighting known user insight and data, market trends and opportunities.
- Manage special projects as assigned. These might include assessments of current or future global markets, possible new product development work, audience development projects or integrated campaign work.
- Contribute to the development, measurement and reporting of key performance indicators across the Fundraising department, supporting individual teams and colleagues on this as required.
- Work with the Database Manager to ensure the database is structured appropriately to support insight analysis.
- Contribute to the development of data selection and data segmentation strategies, to help build income and supporter engagement.
- Provide regular reports on the external Fundraising market (both in the UK and in global markets), highlighting key trends and developments.
For more details, see the job description or visit www.spana.org
For this role, you may have experience of the following: Data analysis, Performance evaluation, Project management, Report writing, Campaign planning, Strategic planning and Strategy development.
Closing Date : 17th January 2020