Harris Hill are delighted to be recruiting for an Interim Head of Finance for The Charity for Civil Servants based in Cheam, Surrey
The vision of The Charity for Civil Servants is a lifelong community; people offering effective support for each other when life takes a turn for the worse.
The Charity offers practical, financial and emotional support. Listening without judgement, it helps civil servants (past and present) with all kinds of the complex, continually evolving challenges which anyone can face throughout their lives - from mental or physical health issues, through managing money and debt, domestic violence and relationship breakdown to caring responsibilities and bereavement.
Fixed Term Contract (until end March 2021)
Full Time | 36 Hours per Week
55- 60,000 per annum
Based in Cheam, Surrey
As an integral member of our Finance and Corporate Services Directorate, you will be responsible for assisting the Director in developing, delivering and monitoring financial strategy.
This role supports key strategic decisions by developing and maintaining financial models to inform the Senior Management Team and contributing to the development of a sustainable financial model for the Charity.
* You will lead Finance on the systems project. This will include the selection of a new or upgraded finance system and its implementation in advance of the 2020 year-end.
* You will Act as Product Owner for Finance in the Charity's wider transformation programme which includes a proposed new CRM system that will need to integrate with the new Finance system.
* You will line manage a four-strong team of Finance professionals, leading the process to prepare the annual budget, producing forecasts and financial management information, leading the financial year end, and managing the production of the Annual Statutory Accounts.
What we are looking for:
* Educated to a degree level with a recognised accounting qualification
* Knowledge of Charity SORP and charity accounting experience
* Experience of statutory accounts production.
* Experience of budget process management and liaising with budget holders across departments.
* Experience of using Finance systems and of implementing a change in Finance system
* Excellent communication skills both orally and in writing
* A good team player with experience of personnel management and of leading, motivating and developing a finance team
The Charity for Civil Servants are committed to building and developing a workforce which reflects the diversity of the civil service community that we support. We seek to ensure all job applications are treated fairly, with respect and without bias and we encourage applications from suitably experienced candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion or belief, or any other factor.
Closing date for applications is 12 noon Friday, 7th February.
If you would like further information about the position, please contact Simon Bascombe at Harris Hill.