Starting salary 35,143 rising to 39,000 + LW 3,285
The Mental Health Foundation is the UK's leading charity for everyone's mental health. We are home to Mental Health Awareness Week and, with prevention at the heart of what we do, we aim to find and address the sources of mental health problems so that people and communities can thrive.
Our focus is on three key areas:
We systematically consider how to scale ideas informed by evidence. We build partnerships and alliances that increase the impact and reach of our work.
We harness evidence and the voice of lived experience to advocate for preventive approaches and create campaigns which tackle the root causes of poor mental health.
We continue to build a strong organisation that lives its values and principles - that is open, kind, outward-looking and sustainable.
We have pioneered change for 70 years and we are not afraid to challenge the status quo. Come join us!
This new and exciting HR Advisor role will provide an expert, professional and responsive HR service across the Foundation. The main functions of this role are to manage designated members of the HR Team (including overseeing the management of all HR information systems and processes), manage recruitment and oversee payroll, ensuring statutory compliance and best practice. This is a generalist role and the post holder will be involved in all aspects of HR.
What does the role involve?
* Contribute to guiding, upskilling and supporting the team to deliver high quality HR services and ensuring compliance with legislation and best practice.
* A strong focus on team wellbeing.
* Management of the end-to-end recruitment process, including on boarding and induction for an outstanding employee experience from beginning to end.
* Continuous review and improvement of HR policy, process and documentation, including payroll.
What qualifications, skills, knowledge and experience are we looking for?
* A CIPD qualified or appropriately experienced HR generalist
* Who knows and understands the employee life cycle/course and how it works...
* And who has successfully managed staff, recruitment and payroll.
* We also need a range of experience of supporting staff at all levels through reliable advice and guidance and with HR casework.
Why should you join the Mental Health Foundation?
* 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays, rising to 27 after 5 years' service
* 3 closure days between Christmas and New Year
* Up to 3 wellbeing days per annum
* Employee Assistance Programme
* Generous non-contributory pension scheme, 8% at 3 months service, rising to 10% at 6 months service employer contribution
* Life Assurance Scheme at four times annual salary
* Flexible working
* Season Ticket Loan
* Cycle to work scheme
Please note that for safeguarding purposes, all our roles require a DBS check. Also, we are unable to provide sponsorship for this post, you must be able to demonstrate your eligibility to work in the UK.?
How to apply
If you think your skills match and you'd like to be part of a dynamic and growing organisation, please complete and send your application form along with equal opportunities form to our recruitment partners Harris Hill, Shweta Prabhakar [email protected] . Please note that all sections of the application form should be completed as CVs will not be accepted. Applications will close at 5pm on Thursday 11 March 2021.
Diversity is greatly valued at the Foundation. Applications from all sections of the community are actively encouraged. If you require any additional support or have any questions regarding the role, please contact Shweta Prabhakar at [email protected]
Due to Covid-19 and until further notice, we are operating digital recruitment (including interviews via video conferencing) and on-boarding processes. We are blending office and homeworking until further notice.
We look forward to hearing from you!