Harris Hill Charity Recruiters are proud to be working with an international charity who are looking to appoint an International Finance Manager in Manchester.
The successful candidate will have a crucial role and be pivotal part of the in-country operations. The ideal candidate will oversee the financial management of new and existing branches and will also be involved with country programmes and implementing partners. This is an exciting and challenging role as you will be responding to challenges in country operations. The International Finance Manager must be capable of assuming a senior management position in a new country or in any country offices.
The International Finance Manager will lead on the assurance and oversight of the charity's financial processing and reporting. This includes capacity building and ensuring all processes are working as desired.
The International Finance Manager ensures all associated internal controls, policies and procedures operate effectively and adhering to Accounting Regulations / Charity SORP and associated legislation via utilisation of in-house Accounts and Management systems in order to safeguard the charity, deliver value for money, save costs, mitigate risk and prevent misappropriation of income and expenditure.
The ideal candidate will need:
- A successful track record within Finance Management at a senior level.
- Significant experience of managing Finance Management (within NGO sector with an understanding field offices and fundraising offices).
- Has the attributes of a manager, i.e. can take and execute decisions, delegates, holds initiative, is able to prioritize, consults to get clarity but is able to perform without much day-to-day supervision and follow-up.
- To be a motivator.
- Significant experience of assurance and oversight of a Finance function, systems, processes and procedures.
- Experience of using Quickbooks, SAGE or other Accounting Packages, with thorough knowledge of applicable accounts payable & receivables / general ledger systems and procedures, chart of accounts and corporate procedures
- Experience of working with operational, fundraising, programmes (non-finance) staff on finance related issues
- Experience of working in a very busy environment/ Experience of working in the humanitarian NGO sector including field operations.
- Experience of working effectively with colleagues operating from other office locations
- Knowledge of Charity SORP Accounting
- Effective communicator who is able to develop strong relationships with colleagues, key people within the Organisation and external stakeholders.