DEBRA UK is the national charity that supports people living and working with EB. DEBRA was founded in 1978 by Phyllis Hilton whose daughter Debra had Dystrophic EB, the charity was the world's first EB patient support group., Today we have a turnover of just over 16m, 355 staff and 800 volunteers. Our vision is to work towards a world where no one suffers from EB. We do this in two ways:
- We fund pioneering research to find effective treatments and, ultimately, a cure for EB
- We provide care and support to improve the quality of life for individuals and families living with EB.
We are seeking a new Director of Finance to support our CEO and Senior Management Team towards successful achievement of this vision. This position directly manages the finance function as well as the IT systems across the organisation, but the influence and contribution to the other directorates such as Fundraising and Communications, Retail, Research, Healthcare, Community Support and Membership are vital to the successful management and growth of DEBRA.
Days: 5 days a week, flexibility to work up to 1 day working from home (once the offices are fully opened) if desired.
Location: Based in Bracknell, Berkshire
Salary: 75,000pa - 85,000pa
This is a key role on the senior management team, with strategic responsibility for the charity's financial position and collective responsibility for its overall success, but it is also a hands-on role.
* Fully qualified Accountant (CCAB).
* Operational experience in IT systems, Fundraising, Retail, Digital and membership.
* Knowledge of accounting standards, VAT, HMRC and Charity accounting requirements.
* Strategic focus, demonstrating enthusiasm for the charities vision and purpose.
* Manage the Finance and IT Department (including the DEBRA database) and act as lead adviser on all financial matters, ensuring compliance with all legal and financial requirements.
* Provide oversight and financial control of all areas of the charity's activities, including fundraising, shops, healthcare, social care, research, and administration.
* Liaise with the Treasurer and the Finance, Risk and Audit Committee. Take minutes and organise distribution of Trustee papers for meetings.
* Membership of the charities Retail Committee.
* Produce the annual Financial Statements in accordance with current legislation and accounting standards, liaising with auditors and ensuring that Accounts are completed accurately within statutory reporting timescales. Co-ordinate the production of the Trustees' Report and Accounts and the Director's Report and Accounts for the trading subsidiary
* Ensure that the cash flows of the charity are efficiently and prudently managed.
* Manage the general ledger systems and interfaces from feeder systems, including EPOS software and the charity's main database, ensuring the accuracy of accounting records and maintaining documentation of accountancy procedures.
If you would like to know more about this position, please send your CV to Simon Bascombe, [email protected] or call him on 020 7820 7311.