The role reports to the Head of Finance
Salary: to 47,000pa
Contract 1 year fixed term (35 Hours per week)
Working within a finance team, the post holder will be responsible for the provision of management information, financial Key Performance Indicators, annual budgets, forecasts and financial modelling.
You will be proactive and self-motivated, with excellent communication skills and the ability to establish an effective business partner relationship with our core services across the organisation (i.e. Learning Disability Services in London and Berkshire, as well as, Children and Family Services).
You will need to be a Qualified Accountant with the following:
* Experience of budget setting, budget monitoring, periodic forecasting, costing models, financial modelling and producing financial information to non-finance staff.
* Sound working knowledge of accounting systems, excel and IT tools.
* Strong spreadsheet and finance modelling skills
* Strong attention to detail
* Work with Heads-of and other budget holders, contributing to the financial strategic direction of each service area.
* Gain proper understanding of each service area and provide support to budget holders when considering alternative solutions to minimise costs and maximise resources.
* Build financial models to improve the business intelligence.
* Build and maintain business partnering relationship with budget holders throughout the year, holding at least quarterly budget monitoring meetings.
* Be willing to prepare ad hoc reports and reconciliations to aid decision making process.
* Promote cost efficiencies, lean processes and effective liaison with key stakeholders during budgeting, forecasting and financial planning.
* Bring commercial awareness to decision making when developing new business strategies or operating models
* Provide expert technical financial advice to support key business decisions
Management & Financial Reporting:
* Responsible for timely production of management accounts and circulation to the relevant budget holders.
* Ensure reports are accurate and delivered to deadlines with no material errors, omissions or miscoding in the Management Accounts and in variance reports. Also Revenue Expenditure and Capital Expenditure (CAPEX) are monitored against budgets.
* Produce & develop financial KPIs and assist budget holders with its interpretation, seeking regularly explanations for variances.
* Extract information from the integrated financial system and other systems or information sources; develop costing models and commentaries for monthly presentations to key stakeholders.
* Provide financial and other information for project leads as and when required.
* Contribute to all year-end reporting requirements and assist with the reconciliation of balance sheet codes and the preparation of year end accounts.
Budgeting, Forecasting and Monitoring:
* Work closely with the Finance Manager, Budget Holders and the Head of Finance in the production of annual budgets and quarterly forecasts.
* Able to explain complex financial issues to non-finance managers, developing their understanding of financial information so as to improve overall effectiveness and empowering them to take full responsibility for their budgets.
* Responsible for reporting on the capital budgets and working closely with the relevant budget holders in ensuring spend is well phased and within approved budget.
* Prepare financial models and additional financial analyses to support the evaluation of any proposed business changes and subsequent implementation.
* Provide verbal advice, written procedures (working with other finance staff) and financial training to budget holders and other relevant staff to enable them to control their budgets and make decisions about the most effective use of resources.