* The position: Part Time Finance Manager
* The Hours: 30 hours a week
* The Salary: 36,000pa Pro Rata
* The Location: Huddersfield Area
You will report to the Director of Finance & Resources and look after a small team of Finance Assistants.
Education / Qualifications
* A Part Qualified Accountant is acceptable with a recognised professional qualification (e.g. ACA, ACCA, CIMA)
Essential Skills and experience
* Advanced Excel and Microsoft office skills, ability to do lookups, pivot tables and graphs.
* Experience of producing detailed departmental and consolidated management accounts, including analysis and commentary.
* Experience of working on accounting software such as Sage or Exchequer, and understanding the principles around the use of accounting systems.
* Experience of working on payroll software, and understanding of payroll principles and processing.
* Knowledge of Charities SORP FRS 102 and experience in preparing consolidated statutory accounts for a medium sized charity and trading company.
* Knowledge of corporate governance and company secretarial duties.
Main Duties and Key Responsibilities
* Manage the finance team, delegating duties and supporting development.
* Manage the Data/IT Analyst under the mentorship of the IG Lead.
* Attend Leadership meetings to present finance updates and other organisational meetings as required.
* Provide an essential finance support service across the wider organisation through acting as a business partner to budget holders by developing and reporting on KPI's and measures, through an understanding of finance related systems (Exchequer, Excel, Till Systems, Donor Database etc.)
* Ensure efficient maintenance of the financial records of the charity and trading company.
* Ensure restricted and unrestricted funds are recorded accurately and restricted spend is monitored accordingly with relevant supporting paperwork e.g. trusts and grant income.
* Produce timely, accurate and relevant monthly management accounts information of the charity (all departments), trading company and other potential partnerships, including commentary on significant areas and variances against budgets.
* Work closely with the HR team to ensure an efficient payroll service and that monthly payroll is accurate and meets tight deadlines.
* Responsible for meeting all payroll and pension compliance and regulation submissions and deadlines.
* Thoroughly check and authorise monthly payroll BACS
* Process monthly payroll journals and accruals within strict deadlines and reconcile all payroll control accounts with HMRC, SAGE payroll and Exchequer accounts system.