25 hours per week (with options to increase) pro rata salary: £18,500- £24,000 (depending on experience and qualifications)
Plus additional benefits including 23 days a/l
About Us: Harrow Mencap is a campaigning organisation and a multi-project service provider supporting adults, young people and children with learning disabilities, other disadvantages - and their families and carers - to ensure their needs, rights and aspirations are met.
Role Purpose: To provide person centred advocacy to individuals qualifying under the Mental Health Act, Mental Capacity Act, Care Act or Children and Family Act.
Reporting to: Advocacy Services Manager, Care Act and Advocacy Services Business Unit, the job-holder will be responsible for the following key duties:
- To meet with clients to provide them with information on, and to help their voice heard, secure their rights, represent their interests and obtain the services they need
- To communicate with clients at a level which meets their needs
- To support clients at key statutory meetings such as, social care reviews and assessments, CPA reviews, safeguarding meetings and meetings with legal professionals etc.
- To build and maintain up to date and accurate advocacy case notes using the service’s database system
- To work flexibly as a team member contributing to service planning, implementation and provide seamless cover across the team
Our ideal candidate should be experienced in this field and working towards the City and Guilds Diploma in Advocacy. We are looking for an individual passionate advocating and campaigning for disabled people and their carers to live independent lives, demonstrate an understanding of health and social care, manage self, document own work and project professional friendly attitude.
We are committed to safeguarding, equal opportunity, and we guarantee an interview to all applicants with disabilities meeting the minimum criteria.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.