Business Manager – Community Solutions (Registered Manager)
Full time - 35 hours per week (Salary circa £34,000)
and other exciting benefits
About Us: Harrow Mencap is a campaigning organisation and a multi-project service provider supporting adults, young people and children with learning disabilities, autism and their families and carers – to ensure their needs, rights and aspirations are met. Community Solutions is our CQC registered domiciliary care agency, delivering high quality, person centered support to people with learning disabilities, mental health and older people to maximise their independence and quality of life within a safe environment. We also offer respite, outreach and bespoke services to clients and families. We are pacesetting, professional and passionate in all that we do. As part of the Senior Leadership Team you will have:
Reporting to: Deputy Chief Executive, responsibilities include:
- Overall accountability for the operational performance of Care Agency services across Harrow while ensuring attainment of targets and business sustainability
- Act as the Registered Manager for Community Solutions Domiciliary Care Agency.
- Develop and implement cost effective means of delivering services, optimising operations and delivering within budget.
- Innovate and develop the service offer including, growing clientele base and geographical coverage while meeting agreed targets.
- Lead a team of support workers and professionals in a multidisciplinary team that deliver best practice, achieving quality outcomes for clients and families
- Lead in clients safeguarding initiatives, regulatory compliance and quality assurance assessments.
- To foster and maintain excellent collaborative, strategic and operational relationships with partners from the public, private and voluntary sector to enhance and develop services and provisions
- Develop positive and effective relationships with the Board, Executives and staff and promote the organisational brand and ethos in a strong and positive manner in the wider community.
This post is ideal for those with significant senior management level experience within the voluntary, public or private sector, with a proven track record of success in leading a reputable brand of health and social care services for people with learning disabilities and mental health issues. Possession of Registered Care Manager qualifications is a prerequisite for this role and must demonstrate very good knowledge and application of CQC standards for domiciliary care services. An inspirational leader able to motivate flexible work teams and delivering quality outcomes that are both innovative and responsive. We are interested in hearing from people who share our ethos in campaigning for the rights and supporting disabled people to enhance their independence.
We are committed to safeguarding, equal opportunity and welcome applicants from all sections of the community. Applicants with disabilities who meet the minimum criteria for the post are guaranteed an interview.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.