About Us: Harrow Mencap is a campaigning organisation and a multi-project service provider supporting adults, young people and children with learning disabilities, autism and their families and carers – to ensure their needs, rights and aspirations are met.
Reporting to: Deputy Chief Executive, responsibilities include:
- Overall accountability for the operational performance of a range of community-based statutory advocacy services across Harrow and Brent while ensuring attainment of targets and business sustainability
- Develop and implement cost effective means of delivering services, optimising operations and delivering within budget
- Lead a team of Advocates and professionals in a multidisciplinary team that deliver best practice, achieving quality outcomes for clients and families
- To foster and maintain excellent collaborative, strategic and operational relationships with partners from the public, private and voluntary sector to enhance and develop services and provisions
- Develop positive and effective relationships with the Board, Executives and staff and promote the organisational brand and ethos in a strong and positive manner in the community.
This post is ideal for those with significant management level experience within the voluntary, public or private sector, with a proven track record of success in leading advocacy for disabled people and mental health. Possession of relevant advocacy qualifications and in-depth knowledge and application with various statutes in this area is a requirement (e.g. Care Act, IMCA, IMHA etc). An inspirational leader able to motivate teams and delivering quality outcomes that are both innovative and responsive. We are interested in hearing from people who share our ethos in campaigning for the rights and supporting people with disabilities to enhance their independence.
We are committed to safeguarding, equal opportunity and welcome applicants from all sections of the community. Applicants with disabilities who meet the minimum criteria for the post are guaranteed an interview.
(This post will be subject to satisfactory references and DBS disclosure).
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.