About the role
We have an exciting opportunity for a Maintenance Surveyor to join our South Regional team. The successful candidate will work closely with our contact centre team and our external contractors providing excellent customer service to our residents, while ensuring Hastoe maintains and repairs our properties striving for value for money and in accordance with the legal requirements.
The areas you will cover for this role include Chichester, Bognor Regis, Sussex and Tunbridge Wells.
Other duties include will include:
- Inspecting defects in dwellings and specifying cost effective repairs
- Perform domestic surveys, determine necessary remedial works and specify appropriate repairs
- Assisting with the specification and inspection of planned maintenance works
- Pre and post void inspections including specifying works and liaising with colleagues in housing.
What we are looking for
You will need to have good working knowledge of building construction, The Building Regulations and Health & Safety legislation. You’ll also need:
- Experience of supervising contractors on site
- Experience of delivering high standards of customer service to all customers, internal and external.
- Aware of regulations concerning fire prevention, legionella and asbestos
- Experience in using housing management systems (Hastoe use MIS)
- Hold a valid driving licence and have use of your own vehicle.
- Pre-inspect, diagnose and specify repair works using NHF SOR rates, reviewing quoted works ensuring value for money for Hastoe.
- Post inspection, check quantities and standard of work, report on customer satisfaction.
- Inspect buildings and services in relation to health and safety, fire prevention, legionella, asbestos
- Produce and regularly review risk plans in relation to the above for non complex, low risk buildings
- Ensure IT systems are updated in a timely fashion Inc. assessing and managing contractor variations, raising work orders, maintaining accurate records and saving documentation, keeping outlook diary up to date.
- Order and specify repairs to void properties in line with Hastoe’s void policy & procedure.
- Audit contractor self-specification in accordance with the pre/post inspection regime
- Participate in the out of hours emergency rota
- Process and approve payments within authorised limits
- Where appropriate, consult with residents regarding works including attendance at resident meetings
- Carry out stock condition surveys where required and update the organisations asset stock data
- Run small planned works projects from inception to completion, including specifying and obtaining prices for works, overseeing works on site and acting as contract administrator.
- Hold monthly contract meetings for area of work to review contract performance, where required take detailed meeting minutes. Work with and support contract administrator to manage repairs and other associated contracts.
- Work collaboratively with colleagues across the Hastoe Group to ensure we provide excellent, joined up, timely services
Annual Leave: 25 days (increasing with service up to 28 days) + 1.5 days complimentary leave + option to purchase additional leave.
Pension: Hastoe's employer contributions are based on a matching of your own contribution level plus 2%, up to a maximum of 8%.
Family friendly policies and benefits including:
- Flexible working
- Discounts for local shops, restaurants and gym membership
- Cycle and Car Leasing Scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme (advice service)
- Health Cash Plan (a type of health insurance)