Direct email applications ONLY - If you wish to be considered for this position, all documentation should be sent via EMAIL to jobs @ hatchenterprise . org
Please email us your CV and a cover letter of no more than 1000 words explaining
- What excites you about Hatch as an organisation and about this role in particular?
- How do you manage a busy workload with multiple tasks and projects to ensure that work is delivered on time and with a high level of accuracy?
- What would you do in this role that would really make an impact?
- Where did you first hear about this opportunity?
Send these via email with “Finance Officer Application – Your Name” as the subject line by 12th June 2022.
If you have any questions or need any help with your application, please drop us a line (recruiters will be politely turned away).
- Salary: £24, 950 – £26,975 with scope for salary progression
- Contract Type: Permanent
- Hours: Full Time (typically 09.30-17.30 but with flexibility)
- Location: Elephant & Castle / Remote
- Responsible To: Finance Manager
- Application Deadline: 12th June 2022
- Interview Dates: 1st Interviews w/c 13th June, 2nd Interviews w/c 27th June
Do you love keeping things organised and running smoothly? Do you have an eye for detail, a commitment to process and a love of spreadsheets? Are you happy working independently as part of a small team to support a smooth running finance function, establishing and managing systems and processes that work for you and others? Then you could be the Finance Officer we are looking for!
Hatch is on the cusp of a growth spurt; there are busy and exciting times ahead with ambitious goals and big projects in the pipeline to double our income, our team and the number of founders we support.
The Finance function within Hatch is critical to the ongoing success and day to day operation of all our services and activities as we grow. The Finance Officer will follow the established finance framework of processes and procedures to ensure the finance function runs smoothly and effectively.
This new role will be central to ensuring that we stay on top of paying salaries, expenses and invoices to a growing number of colleagues and suppliers, processing payments from a growing numbers of founders and customers and keeping accurate and up to date records in our cashflow forecast and accounting software. You will work with colleagues at all levels within the organisation, to ensure they are supported and advised with finance queries.
You will be excited by the challenge of providing efficient and effective support to the Finance Manager as part of a small finance team, taking on the majority of our regular financial processing and freeing her to work on Hatch’s strategic growth and investment planning for the future.
Invoicing and Payments
- Managing incoming invoices, and staff expense receipts and ensuring their timely payment
- Issuing invoices to Hatch customers and entrepreneurs, and ensuring they are paid fully, on time and chased in the event of delayed or non-payment
- Weekly reconciliation of the Hatch bank and paypal feed in Quickbooks
- Ensuring all receipts are attached to the bills and payments
- Ensuring grant/donation contracts are attached to the income.
- Managing Gift Aid and liaising with the fundraising team to ensure maximum claims through the completed forms on a yearly basis.
Payroll and pensions
- Obtaining new starter payroll information from new joiners and saving them on Hatch’s system.
- Providing general pension and enrolment information for new joiners
- Organising funder’s grant/donation documentation as required prior to Audit
- Supporting the Finance Manager with the audit and year-end process
- Organising Finance Committee meeting dates, collating and sending agendas and papers, and attending and taking minutes
Finance team administration
- Work with the Finance Manager to ensure that financial processes are as efficient, and effective as possible
- Managing the finance and accounts email inboxes
- Responding promptly and accurately to internal and external finance queries
- Processing the finance teams incoming post and saving securely on Hatch’s system
- Ensuring full compliance with finance policies and procedures across the organisation
- Supporting the Finance Manager to deliver the finance induction for new joiners
- Undertake other duties consistent with the post and, where necessary, to assist with other areas of work as required
- Experience of administration in a finance department, if this is in a charity that’s a bonus
- Experience of using accounting software (Quickbooks – Desirable)
- Basic experience of day to day bookkeeping
- Experience and knowledge of Gift Aid (Desirable)
- Administrative and numerical skills
- Written and verbal communication skills with ability to liaise with different teams effectively
- Spreadsheet skills
- Good time and task management skills, including ability to prioritise and plan work to meet deadlines.
- An excellent eye for detail
- Solutions oriented – you can spot when something could be done better, faster, or more smoothly and won’t hesitate to change things to make your job and others’ easier
- Flexible and proactive – you are willing to get stuck into any task, however large or small
- Self- motivated – you are comfortable working independently and as a part of a team
- People oriented – you thrive in a team environment, build positive relationships and understand that this is how the work gets done
- It’s important that you have an interest in start-ups or not-for-profits. That’s what we do here at Hatch and we want you to share our passion for it!
We care about our people and giving them the things they need to succeed.
We have always been supportive of flexible working, which has become even more important recently. We have an office in Elephant & Castle, which is available for anyone to work from as much or as little as they’d like. For those working at home, we’ll provide you with a laptop to get you set up. In the post-COVID world we’re experimenting with full flexibility to work from home or in the office as it suits you, but hope the whole team will be able to come together periodically.
- Flexible working – work from home or in the office and at the times that work best for you
- 38 fully flexible holiday days (including the 9 UK bank holidays)
- 3% employer pension contribution
- £750 annual budget for learning and development or wellbeing activities
- Paid time off for dedicated learning and development opportunities
- 4 days per year paid time off to volunteer
We believe everyone has potential. We are committed to increasing diversity among business owners, and we want to do the same for our team. If you’ve read this far, and you like the sound of the job, but you’re worried you don’t quite fit the requirements, we’d love it if you went ahead and applied.
We want to ensure that our team represents a wider cross-section of society than a typical start-up, and we know that means we have to make an effort to understand and accommodate different people’s needs. If you would require any reasonable adjustments to be made to support you to apply, interview or join the Hatch team please contact us.
Please note we are only able to accept applications from candidates who have the right to work in the UK.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.