Direct email applications ONLY - If you wish to be considered for this position, all documentation should be sent via EMAIL to jobs @ hatchenterprise . org
Please email us your CV and a cover letter of no more than 1000 words explaining:
- What excites you about Hatch as an organisation and about this role in particular?
- Please identify three trusts and foundations that strongly align with Hatch’s mission and tell us why?
- What would you do in this role that would really make an impact?
- Where did you first hear about this opportunity?
Send these via email with “Trusts and Foundations Manager Application – Your Name” as the subject line by Friday 29th July.
Please note we are only able to accept applications from candidates who have the right to work in the UK.
- Salary: £30,600-£36,000 with scope for salary progression
- Contract Type: Permanent
- Hours: Full Time (typically 09.30-17.30 but with flexibility)
- Location: Elephant & Castle / Remote
- Responsible To: Head of Philanthropy
- Application Deadline: Friday 29 July
- Interview Dates: Ideally the w/c 1 August, though we can be flexible.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a trusts and foundations fundraiser to join a positive and collaborative fundraising team at an exciting time of growth.
This new position has been created because Hatch has grown exponentially since it was first founded in 2013. We now need additional capacity in order to sustain and grow our income from trusts, foundations, and statutory bodies.
We see this as an opportunity for the right individual to take their first step up into a management position. Ideally, the successful candidate will have some experience of drafting funding applications and securing income from trusts and foundations, but we’d also be open to hearing from those that have transferable skills from other sectors.
- Raising five-figure grants from charitable trusts, foundations, and statutory bodies.
- Developing a comprehensive rolling programme of targeted and specific trust applications.
- Distilling information from a variety of sources in order to write compelling funding bids.
- Identifying prospective funding bodies whose strategic objectives match the work of Hatch.
- Researching trust objectives in order to craft well informed funding bids.
- Alongside the Head of Philanthropy, building an annual pipeline that is x3 the income target by 2024/5.
- Diligently and accurately recording prospect/donor correspondence on Salesforce.
- Developing relationships with a portfolio of prospective funders, using a wide range of appropriate mechanisms to retain and develop their involvement with Hatch, including meetings with CEO/ Trustees, stewardship events and recognition opportunities.
- Ensuring that funding partners receive timely and appropriate information about the progress and outcomes of projects.
- Ensuring that robust systems are established to support the effective and timely engagement and thanking of Trusts and Foundations, including processes to learn from unsuccessful applications.
- Briefing the fundraising team on developments and progress of key relationships.
- Gaining and maintaining in-depth knowledge and understanding of Hatch’s work, priorities and future plans
- Be an outstanding advocate for Hatch in line with the core values of the organisation
- Other duties that may be required from time to time as part of a small, dynamic team
Desirable Qualities, Skills and Experience
- Experience of drafting compelling arguments, ideally (but not limited to) trust and foundation applications.
- The ability to work through the fundraising cycle with donors to initiate, renew and grow gifts.
- Experience in developing partnerships.
- Excellent research and prospecting skills.
- Able to work well on their own initiative and can be relied on to get the job done in a busy working environment
- Excited by the Hatch mission to support underrepresented founders
- Committed to equality, diversity and inclusion.
- Entrepreneurial, not afraid to shoot for the stars, make mistakes and learn along the way
- Commitment to ongoing learning and personal development
- Knowledge of the sector – entrepreneurship, structural inequality, education and employment.
We care about our people and give them the things they need to succeed.
We have always been supportive of flexible working, which has become even more important recently. We have an office in Elephant & Castle, which is available for anyone to work from as much or as little as they’d like. For those working at home, we’ll provide you with a laptop to get you set up. In the post-COVID world we’re experimenting with full flexibility to work from home or in the office as it suits you, but hope the whole team will be able to come together periodically.
- Flexible working – work from home or in the office and at the times that work best for you
- 38 fully flexible holiday days (including the 9 UK bank holidays)
- 3% employer pension contribution
- £750 annual budget for learning and development or wellbeing activities
- Paid time off for dedicated learning and development opportunities
- 4 days per year paid time off to volunteer
We believe everyone has potential. We are committed to increasing diversity among business owners, and we want to do the same for our team. If you’ve read this far, and you like the sound of the job, but you’re worried you don’t quite fit the requirements, we’d love it if you went ahead and applied.
We want to ensure that our team represents a wider cross-section of society than a typical start-up, and we know that means we have to make an effort to understand and accommodate different people’s needs. If you would require any reasonable adjustments to be made to support you to apply, interview or join the Hatch team please contact us.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.