Our mission at Haven House is to provide the highest quality palliative and holistic care services to babies, children and young people and their families in our local communities.
Haven House was extremely proud to have been voted 26th in the Sunday Times Best Not for Profit Organisations 2019. We believe this is testament to our committed team who offer the highest possible level of care which makes a difference to the families and children during the most difficult of times.
Following an external review at the end of 2020, the hospice has identified the need to invest further in its IT and how it can support the growing work of the hospice going forward.
With no current in-house senior IT expertise or dedicated internal IT resource, Haven House are loking to appoint an IT Project Manager to manage and deliver a key programme of projects that has been identified from the review and from feedback received by key stakeholders across the hospice. In addition, the role will work with an external IT partner to ensure a smooth transition to a new support contract and play a key part in identifying the type of internal ICT resource that is required for the longer term.
This is a crucial role to lead on a key priority for the hospice this year and will report to the Director of Finance.
Key areas of focus to include:
- Working successfully with the external IT partner to ensure smooth transitioning to a new support agreement
- Designing, delivering and reporting on the progress of multiple hardware and systems projects identified from an external review
- Ensuring that a programme of hardware replacement for staff is responsive to changes in both the needs of the charity and in staff working arrangements as the charity moves to a post-Covid environment
- Identifying the training and support needs for a potential cloud migration
- Developing a specification and progressing the recruitment for an ongoing in-house ICT resource that takes account of 1) the role of the external IT provider under the new support agreement; 2) the developing priorities for 2022/23 and 2023/24 and, 3) the ongoing staff training and support needs
- Engaging with other key ICT suppliers to ensure that services are maintained to an acceptable level and that operational issues identified are addressed effectively
The detailed job description and person specification, including the required qualifications, experience, knowledge, skills, abilities and personal qualities are set out in the link attached.
This role will be based primarily at our beautiful woodland setting in Woodford Green where there is on-site parking, public transport and easy access from the Central Line. However, flexible working from home is also an option.
As an employee you will be entitled to the following range of benefits;
- Free onsite parking
- Employee assistance programme
- Eye care voucher scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Pension scheme (company matches contribution up to 7%)
- 27 days annual leave (pro rata)
If you are a potential candidate who would like to discuss the role, you can contact Richard Penney, our Director of Finance, and he will be happy to answer any queries regarding this role or how IT operates within Haven House.
Please download the application form and job description and return to Haven House.
The closing date for completed applications is Wednesday 5 May at 5pm. The interview date is to be confirmed.
We do not accept CVs and request that no agencies contact the hospice at this stage.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.