Fair Havens Hospice
21 hours per week (flexible and bank/freelance considered)
£ 14,560- £15,680
This role will be pivotal in generating engaging and innovative communications, both externally for supporters and stakeholders, and internally for staff and volunteers.
This is a diverse communications role, including copywriting, interviewing, editing, design and photography to generate content for our online and offline channels.
How can you inspire even more people to support, work, volunteer or access the care of Havens Hospices?
Candidates will have experience of working in a communications environment, working within challenging situations and looking for an opportunity to promote and protect a well-loved and respected charity.
Although you may not be giving direct care to our patients, your contribution has a direct effect on our hospice services
The main responsibilities for this role include:
- Seek out inspiring stories about people fundraising, volunteering and being cared for by Havens Hospices. Research and develop these stories to support events, campaigns and issues agreed by the Head of Marketing and Digital
- Support and advise teams across Havens Hospices in planning their activity, writing Marketing Plans and identifying effective ways to promote their event, initiative or campaign
- Adhere to the Brand Guidelines to write, create and approve materials to support the activities of teams across Havens Hospices
- Compiling and writing editorial and interviews for internal and external publications
- Handle media enquiries, photo and filming opportunities, building strong relationships with all forms of local media
Candidates will have:
- A Level or equivalent in English
- Experience in a public relations or journalism environment
- Experience in writing communications for different audiences
- Interviewing, design, photography, filming and editing skills – Adobe, Canva
- Proficient in Microsoft Teams, Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint
- Excellent customer service
- Car owner / driver or have access to own transport
In return for your expertise and passion, you will receive a competitive salary package and most of all, by making the most of every day you work at Havens Hospices you’ll be helping us continue ‘Making every day count’ for those who need us most.