Head of Trading
Wickford with visits to sites across Essex
1 year contract
The successful applicant will be pivotal in working with the Director of Income Generation to continuously improve our Trading Department and raise vital income for our hospices.
At Havens Hospices we care for children, young people and adults with complex or incurable conditions. We aim to make the journey – and that of their families – as comfortable as possible, creating special memories along the way. Although you may not be giving direct care to our families, your contribution will have direct effect on our care services.
The main responsibilities for this role include:
- To lead the charity’s full retail operation including existing portfolio of shops and e-commerce staff, supporters and volunteers
- To set daily, weekly, monthly and annual sales targets for all trading income streams in conjunction with Director of Income Generation and to ensure the Trading team are supported to meet those targets.
- To undertake legal process for obtaining or departing premises including lease agreements, arranging work needed, and seeking out most competitive costs.
- Reporting sales actuals from all channels on a weekly basis with takings breakdown.
- To line manage the Operations Manager, Area Managers & the shops and ecommerce teams ensuring they feel motivated and connected to the cause
- To support the achievement of annual e-commerce sales targets through selecting, photographing and listing items and ensuring the appropriate allocation of team resource to achieve annual growth in sales levels.
Candidates will have proven experience and skills in:
- Preferably educated to degree level or equivalent but consideration will also be given to applicants who can demonstrate qualification by relevant experience
- IT skills including Microsoft Excel, Word & Outlook
- EPOS skills/experience
- Proven retail experience
- Competence with all aspects of online selling i.e., eBay
- Proven team leadership skills with the ability to manage and motivate the retail team to reach and exceed set targets
- Car owner with full driving licence.
In return for your expertise and passion, you will receive a competitive salary package and most of all, by making the most of every day you work at Havens Hospices you’ll be helping us continue ‘Making every day count’ for those who need us most.