Accountant, Permanent, Full Time, £39000 - £43000, Central London
Your new company
This is truly a unique opportunity working with one of the Livery Companies of the City of London. With a long history of supporting their professional membership, they are also involved in research, training and in charitable giving. You will be responsible for all the accounting and financial reporting for the organisation and its subsidiary organisation.
Your new role
- Maintain accounting records using Sage accounting software (Sage 50cloud).
- Prepare annual budgets for the senior management team.
- Prepare regular monthly management accounts for the organisation and the subsidiary organisation for it to be reviewed. Ensuring that there is a proper analysis and explanation for all significant variances from budget.
- Ensure that all (subscription, rental, and catering) income to which the organisation is entitled is properly billed and promptly collected.
- Ensure that expenditure is properly authorised and tightly controlled within budgets and that variances from budget are promptly identified and reported.
- Liaise with outsourced payroll provider ensuring that payroll data/ amendments are provided promptly so that salaries can be paid promptly.
- Submit VAT returns using data inputs from Sage and other sources.
- Maintain Corporation Tax and PAYE records and ensure that all regulatory returns are promptly and accurately submitted.
- Annually, prepare draft accounts of the organisation for audit and assist with the preparation of the statutory accounts in accordance with applicable accounting standards.
- Undertaking any agreed ad hoc projects from the manager and attending organisation events that may occur outside of standard business hours.
What you'll need to succeed
- Part qualified ACCA, CIMA or AAT
- Management Accounts
- At least 5 years' experience in an accounting role.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.