Your new company
A leading national health charity based in central London who are looking to establish a Public Affairs function within the organisation.
Your new role
Will require you to lead on developing and delivering a strategic approach to stakeholder engagement across the authority, that builds trust and confidence in professional regulation. You will establish the public affairs function as the core relationship manager with parliamentarians, government departments and other political stakeholders in the four countries. Co-creating with colleagues you will deliver effective, strategic, multi-channel communication and engagement plans that support the development and delivery of the organisations public, policy initiatives. You will work with the corporate leadership team to develop and nurture strong, consistent and purposeful relationships with stakeholders across the four nations of the UK. You will provide high quality political insight counsel and advise the Chief Executive, Chair and Executive team. As a member of the external affairs leadership team, you'll deliver a high performing communications and engagement function which is a great place to work.
What you'll need to succeed
- Highly experienced stakeholder relations and public affairs professional
- A proven track record of building and nurturing strong, consistent and purposeful relationships with stakeholders
- Experience of managing complex issues, which are of strategic importance to an organisation
- Ability to think, act and plan strategically, and to win respect and operate at the highest level within an organisation
- A deep understanding of and relish for politics, and knowledge of or interest in the health and care sector (previous experience within healthcare is not a prerequisite)
- First rate verbal and written communication skills, and attention to detail
- Significant management experience including financial budgets and direct reports
What you'll get in return
A very competitive salary as well as the opportunity to make a big impact with an iconic organisation. Benefits also include: 30 days annual leave + Bank holidays, Salary sacrifice schemes, PerkBox, Enhanced maternity and paternity leave, Subsidised on-site restaurant, 8% basic pension contribution, Season ticket loan, Agile and flexible working, 24-hour - regulated employee assistance programme
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.