Substance misuse team leader job
Your new company
An exciting opportunity has arisen within a Hays client in Ealing for you to join a dynamic team committed to supporting people with drug and/or alcohol issues on their recovery journey. The role of a Team Leader will provide support, advice and guidance to a team of recovery workers, whilst having responsibility for the daily running of a community hub.
Your new role
- Operational line management of a team of staff which includes supervision (with reflective practice), appraisal, performance and sickness management as well as ensuring staff follow the companies and external policies applicable to their roles.
- Empowering staff to promote hope, empowerment, choices, control and opportunities that assist service users reaching their full potential as individuals and community members.
- Ensuring the clients values are at the heart of everything we all do, through values based decision making and leadership, creating values based culture.
- Manage the rota of staff, working with other managers to ensure all elements of the service are covered appropriately. Participate in management on-call duty/rota.
- Ensuring quality of service delivery through data analysis and engaging staff in service quality improvement planning. Where necessary, create team and individual performance plans to improve quality and performance.
- Work with your team and Designated Safeguarding Lead (if not your role) to ensure that the practices within the team/service enable identification of service users, children and families who are at risk. Ensure that staff are competent in the delivery of interventions that reduce risk to service users.
What you'll need to succeed
- Creating an ambitious service user focussed culture.
- Engaging staff to provide a continually improving and innovative service.
- Providing leadership, management, support and development to a diverse team of staff.
What you'll get in return
- Competitive salary
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.