Client Side Building Surveyor - Prestigious Charity - Central London
Your new company
I am representing a prestigious charity that manages and maintains their 13 acre estate which includes 220 homes, shops, design studios, galleries and restaurants, a neighbourhood centre which also incorporates a conference and meeting business. This charity is looking to appoint a building surveyor to maintain and manage their estate to a high standard.
Your new role
The Building Surveyor is central to ensuring the organisations' properties are properly maintained and that the Head of Property & Facilities and other staff are properly advised on property and building matters. The role ensures that financial decisions on property and building matters are informed and that any risks are anticipated and controlled. The role works closely with teams across the organisation as well as external consultants to manage projects and ensure matters are dealt with efficiently and proactively.
Your main responsibilities will be:
1. To advise on property and building matters, providing reports on key areas of responsibility, and contributing to meetings as required
2. In conjunction with other staff and consultants, to evaluate development proposals, building maintenance programmes and service contracts to ensure that they are cost-effective and provide value for money
3. To prepare reports as required in relation to technical issues relating to individual or groups of properties
4. To undertake regular inspections of the estate and the buildings owned and managed by the charity.
5. To assess requirements for repairs, improvements, and safety checks. Recommend and scope work required, procure works in accordance with our procedures.
6. To supervise works on site, ensuring works are completed on time, to quality standards and budget and comply with all appropriate legislation, bylaws, good professional practice, and Health & Safety regulations. To carry out post inspections ensuring quality control of all completed works and contractors' performance.
7. To undertake surveys of properties as directed
8. To provide information for the database on the condition of properties and the components required upon completion of works or projects and to ensure continuous and timely updating of information for the computer database
9. To keep abreast of changes in law, statutory requirements, health and safety issues, technical developments, and good practice in building and technical areas
What you'll need to succeed
- Relevant professional qualification Royal institute of chartered surveyors (RICS).
- Extensive experience in the surveying environment in commercial and in housing maintenance.
- Experience in managing a multiuse portfolio of housing or building stock.
- Excellent understanding of health and safety and legal requirements on housing/property stock.
- Previous experience in meeting and exceeding SLA and KPI performance markers.
- Experience in overseeing the preparation and implementation of tender documentation.
What you'll get in return
- Salary of circa £50,000
- 27 days' annual leave (excluding bank holidays), pro rata
- 8% contributory pension scheme (5% employer contribution, 3% employee contribution)
- Season ticket loan on completion of probation
- Health and wellbeing package including a confidential employee assistance programme and online therapy sessions
- Commitment to training and development
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.