Communications and Engagement Coordinator -Central London to start ASAP for three months £12-£16 per hour
The Communications and Engagement Coordinator (direct marketing) role provides candidates with the opportunity to join us at an exciting point in the organisation. We have an ambitious five year strategy and the work of the Membership and Stakeholder Engagement team is critical to delivering it.
We need someone with proven experience of setting up coherent contact databases using Excel. You will be responsible for collating a complete record of senior roles within our member organisations and creating a systematic way of ensuring these details can be checked and kept up-to-date. You'll be expected to play an important role supporting our engagement activities through digital marketing. It is essential you have a good working knowledge of Excel as well as experience of using direct marketing software such as Campaign Monitor or similar application. As well as demonstrating your ability to provide practical support to a range of communications and engagement tasks, you will have good writing skills and a keen eye for detail. Ideally you will also bring creative flair to our team with regards direct marketing with a willingness to use your skills across different projects. You are expected to work with a wide range of people internally and outside the organisation.
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate the below
- Educated to A level or diploma level standard or equivalent relevant experience in a communications and/or project management role
- Demonstrable direct marketing and database management experience
- An effective communicator with excellent communication (oral, presentational and written) and interpersonal skills, and ability to converse with all levels of staff and external organisations
- Proven ability to manage audience specific materials, understand their needs, adapt delivery styles to suit with speed and accuracy
- Excellent work planning and project management skills to ensure communications activities enhance NHS Resolution's reputation and promote our corporate objectives
- Ability to deliver accurate work objectives to competing and conflicting deadlines
- Ability to produce on and offline materials, information and reports
- Ability to influence and negotiate with staff and partners on issues which may involve juggling deadlines and priorities. Creative problem-solving abilities required
- The ability to present complex, sensitive or contentious information in simple and useful ways for a variety of audiences
- Sound analytical reasoning, effective decision-making skills and an ability to identify and manage risks
- Proficient IT skills and abilities in using all Microsoft Offices packages (i.e. Outlook/Word/Excel/PowerPoint etc)
- Outstanding attention to detail with experience of consistently producing work of an excellent quality
- Ability to work autonomously, to plan, organise and prioritise own workload
- Good knowledge of current health system and its key stakeholders
- Evidence of using a wide range of communications tools and channels with the ability to identify the correct format for audiences
- Previous knowledge and understanding of engagement and communications processes and applications
- Self-motivated and confident approach
- Confident with a high level of drive, enthusiasm and commitment
- Ability to travel to external sites and venues via public transport
If this role is of interest, please do apply ASAP with a word version of your CV highlighting all your relevant experience.