Communications Assistant - Immediate start - 12 week contract
About the role
The Communications Assistant works within our ambitious and committed Communications and Marketing directorate. We're a passionate, enthusiastic, hard-working bunch who play a key role in helping improve the lives with people living with specific health problems. As a communications team we:
- manage the organisation's proactive and reactive media function
- create exciting and engaging integrated communications campaigns
- run our well-respected and growing social media channels
- build and protect the organisation's reputation
- support teams across the organisation with their own communications activity.
The Communications Assistant role involves:
- providing administrative support to the communications team
- monitoring the press inbox and flagging requests to relevant team member
- contributing to the media monitoring and evaluation process
- managing subscriptions and media relationship records
- supporting our social media channels
- supporting the team with case study interviews and management
- great written communications skills
- experience writing engaging copy
- strong administrative skills, ideally within communications environment
- excellent written and verbal communications skills, experienced with communicating to a range of internal and external audiences
- proactive, with an enthusiastic and flexible approach
- desirable - experience of charity, health, campaigns or research communications
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.